Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input Program
(06-04-2014, 10:49 PM)Takamo44 Wrote: Copy line will copy the entire line into a buffer but not erase the current line contents.

Where's the copy command listed on the turn input page?
(06-06-2014, 11:27 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 10:49 PM)Takamo44 Wrote: Copy line will copy the entire line into a buffer but not erase the current line contents.

Where's the copy command listed on the turn input page?

Same place. http://magic.hobbytown.com/takamo/input.aspx Maybe you need to refresh your browser or clear history. Sometimes browsers will store the contents of the last time you looked at the page.
(06-09-2014, 04:46 PM)Takamo44 Wrote: Same place. http://magic.hobbytown.com/takamo/input.aspx Maybe you need to refresh your browser or clear history. Sometimes browsers will store the contents of the last time you looked at the page.

I see it, now.
Added a click and paste function to the page today. After you load your last turns results if you click on the Planet List or Fleet List the box will display all planets you own or fleets you have. You can then click on a planet location or fleet. Click on the close window button and then use the paste button on the line where you want to add the planet location or fleet. Currently this will only send the information to Location#1 or Flt#1 box. It will not change any other information on the line so if the line already has info it will only replace the location or fleet box. This is helpful if you can't remember the exact planet location or where a fleet is at or was at considering you didn't move it earlier in the turn. The old input program had this function although more elegant but I have to program around some web limitations so this is what we get for the time being. Hope it helps a bit.
Updated the input page today by adding a Green button that will check your turn for action code errors. Whenever you like you can click on the button and it will check all actions entered up to that point. If it finds a box that you forgot to fill out the box turns red. If it finds an optional box that you didn't fill out it turns green. You can just put in the action code and click the button in which case it will show you the boxes you need to fill out to complete the action. Good if you don't really know which boxes you need to fill out and which ones you don't. Remember green boxes are optional boxes and don't need to be filled out to make the action work. However they do provide additional abilities to some action codes. For instance the build (3) action code. You'll find that the Fleet #1 box, the Empire/Ship Name box, and the Special Number box turns green while the Location #1, Quantity, and Build Code Box all turn red. The green boxes only need to be filled out if you are building a ship.

One word of caution. Even though I tested each and every action code to make sure the right boxes were highlighted there is no guarantee that I got every one right so check yourself if you think one is not quite right and let me know if you find an error.
Now if only there was an easy way to copy all or part of an excel worksheet and put it in the input page...
(06-17-2014, 06:58 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: Now if only there was an easy way to copy all or part of an excel worksheet and put it in the input page...

Working on copy and paste function. Little tricky as the copy goes to the clipboard so the web page has to access the clipboard and then parse the clip to the appropriate fields.
Even if it is only one line at a time would be helpful.
(06-17-2014, 09:56 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: Even if it is only one line at a time would be helpful.
it would be no different via the clipboard/web problem with one line or 60. I am hoping Thom can work this out too. I only use excel to make my turns.
(06-17-2014, 05:48 PM)Takamo44 Wrote: Updated the input page today by adding a Green button that will check your turn for action code errors. Whenever you like you can click on the button and it will check all actions entered up to that point. If it finds a box that you forgot to fill out the box turns red. If it finds an optional box that you didn't fill out it turns green. You can just put in the action code and click the button in which case it will show you the boxes you need to fill out to complete the action. Good if you don't really know which boxes you need to fill out and which ones you don't. Remember green boxes are optional boxes and don't need to be filled out to make the action work. However they do provide additional abilities to some action codes. For instance the build (3) action code. You'll find that the Fleet #1 box, the Empire/Ship Name box, and the Special Number box turns green while the Location #1, Quantity, and Build Code Box all turn red. The green boxes only need to be filled out if you are building a ship.

One word of caution. Even though I tested each and every action code to make sure the right boxes were highlighted there is no guarantee that I got every one right so check yourself if you think one is not quite right and let me know if you find an error.

Nice addition to the Input Program, thanks Thom/Randy