Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
My understanding is that the ban was on labels, as drugs were being smuggled in on the backside.

Printed on the envelope would get around that. But, you can always use cocaine-paper and cocaine-envelopes, right?! Not to forget, there's cocaine-ink!
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
LOL!!
Catching up from several months ago. Rotten vegetables may be thrown at me starting... now.

Quick comments on this thread:
- I support the idea of resuming a standard PDF/print-capable magazine, because it mirrors PBM origins and aesthetic, it provides a tremendous packet of entertainment, it offers writers/editors to curate the best stuff, and it creates a permanent snapshot of PBM in the moment.
- I just discovered WordPress, and it allows for "contributor" accounts to submit articles that don't actually get published until an editor says go. This would be a manageable way of posting "a simple text article" with "a single image". If rich text is needed for these unpublished submissions, or more than one image, there might be a way to make WP do it, but it would be just as simple to have people send in Word docs as before.
- Don't discount other media channels - I was summoned back (like a demon) by the activity on FB. It's smart to spread content or teasers across this forum, the blog, FB, and email, even if the best stuff gets saved for the zine.

And as to Issue 20, I do indeed still have a pile of stuff that was written and contributed in good faith. I would be happy to dig into a zine-publishing role, but don't want to step on anyone else's toes given my execrable flakiness/distraction/real-world-pressures. I haven't read any other threads here yet - this is my first stop. If someone else is oiling up the presses, I will gladly hand over my stash and pen an article or two on top. If there is a collaborative effort underway, I am happy to pitch in. If there are no pending volunteers to jump into the breech, I'm ready to deploy my nascent MS Publisher skill level 1 and frame up a printable draft.

And of course, if I can best serve the community by receiving trebuchet-loads of overripe produce, please commence a fair and well-deserved bombardment!
(08-17-2021, 02:28 AM)ixnay Wrote: Catching up from several months ago.  Rotten vegetables may be thrown at me starting... now.

Quick comments on this thread:
- I support the idea of resuming a standard PDF/print-capable magazine, because it mirrors PBM origins and aesthetic, it provides a tremendous packet of entertainment, it offers writers/editors to curate the best stuff, and it creates a permanent snapshot of PBM in the moment.
- I just discovered WordPress, and it allows for "contributor" accounts to submit articles that don't actually get published until an editor says go. This would be a manageable way of posting "a simple text article" with "a single image". If rich text is needed for these unpublished submissions, or more than one image, there might be a way to make WP do it, but it would be just as simple to have people send in Word docs as before.
- Don't discount other media channels - I was summoned back (like a demon) by the activity on FB. It's smart to spread content or teasers across this forum, the blog, FB, and email, even if the best stuff gets saved for the zine.

And as to Issue 20, I do indeed still have a pile of stuff that was written and contributed in good faith.  I would be happy to dig into a zine-publishing role, but don't want to step on anyone else's toes given my execrable flakiness/distraction/real-world-pressures.  I haven't read any other threads here yet - this is my first stop.  If someone else is oiling up the presses, I will gladly hand over my stash and pen an article or two on top.  If there is a collaborative effort underway, I am happy to pitch in.  If there are no pending volunteers to jump into the breech, I'm ready to deploy my nascent MS Publisher skill level 1 and frame up a printable draft.

And of course, if I can best serve the community by receiving trebuchet-loads of overripe produce, please commence a fair and well-deserved bombardment!

Go for it!

Welcome back, Bernd. Great to see you, once again!
I'd love to see the PDF version back again, if you can get it rolling!
ditto. it brought me back into PBM after 20 years.
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
Back from family beach trip - I had intended to get everything done during this vacation, but ended up focusing mainly on family, fresh air, and recovery from stress.

Now, not only am I rested and fresh, but the kids are finally back in school. I’ll still working from home, and I’ll miss them of course, but maybe I can get my ducks in a row again. I’ll keep you all posted on progress this week…