Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions & Answers (TAKAMO)
I have sent planetary probes to two different planets. One planet (planet A) had fighters attack the probe, the other (planet B) had forts attack the probe. Can I assume that planet A has no forts and that planet B has forts and possibly fighters?

I also scanned or probed a planet that did not attack but said the owner was indeterminate. What does that mean?
(04-12-2014, 12:57 PM)Nicademus Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 12:38 AM)Trader_Phred Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 08:22 PM)Nazareth Wrote: Alliances already! Man, better hit the ground running!!

Resistance is futile. Mua ha ha...

I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting some information Thom emailed to me a while back. THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT, it has to do with priorities of actions in the current code (though he may adjust this in the future).

It's VERY crucial for trade runs between colonies & terraformed worlds. As of right now, trying to do these out of order (at a given planet) will cause some actions to fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try and give you a run down on order of things. I might have forgotten one or two but when I went back and checked code for the order this is what seems to make sense after the past few years not looking at it.

#1. If you build Marines or Heavy Marines on a planet it is done for the turn. Program sets the planet date and run date the same. So none of the checks below can be true any longer.

#2. You should always sell goods to a planet before buying goods from a planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 2 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 2.

#3. You can then buy goods from a planet after you sell to the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 1 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 1.

#3. You should always build POP first before doing anything else on the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 4 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 4.

#4. If you have to tramp mine a planet you should do that after building POP but before anything else. Program checks to see if the planet date + 3 is < run date. If so, action happens. Planet date set to run date - 3.

So... example: If the run date is March 30th then the code would be set to 3/30/2014. The planet's date considering that something might have set it last run would be 7 days ago or 3/23/2014.

So you build POP first. Planets date (3/23/2014) + 4 is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works and the planet's date is set to 3/26/2014.

Then you have a fleet in orbit selling goods to the world. Planets date (3/26/2014) + 2 = (3/28/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works. Planets date is set to 3/28/2014.

Then you have the fleet buy goods at the world. Planets date (3/28/2014) + 1 = (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/29/2014.

Last, you build Marines on the planet. Code checks to see if the planets date (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/30/2014.

Okay. Whew! Hope that helps. And note: There are a number of other date checks but I haven't traced them down yet. These mostly deal with smuggling, pirate raids, etc.; so if nobody's messing around with your planets you're trying to trade with, it should not be an issue.

WOW, I thought I was confused before.....Big Grin

I hear that. I would like to think that as long as there wasn't a pre-requisite for an order, (must build a the ship before you can move it) the order should run. However, if there is this sequencing activity going on, then we need a sequence of actions list.
(04-12-2014, 03:22 PM)Nazareth Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 12:57 PM)Nicademus Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 12:38 AM)Trader_Phred Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 08:22 PM)Nazareth Wrote: Alliances already! Man, better hit the ground running!!

Resistance is futile. Mua ha ha...

I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting some information Thom emailed to me a while back. THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT, it has to do with priorities of actions in the current code (though he may adjust this in the future).

It's VERY crucial for trade runs between colonies & terraformed worlds. As of right now, trying to do these out of order (at a given planet) will cause some actions to fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try and give you a run down on order of things. I might have forgotten one or two but when I went back and checked code for the order this is what seems to make sense after the past few years not looking at it.

#1. If you build Marines or Heavy Marines on a planet it is done for the turn. Program sets the planet date and run date the same. So none of the checks below can be true any longer.

#2. You should always sell goods to a planet before buying goods from a planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 2 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 2.

#3. You can then buy goods from a planet after you sell to the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 1 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 1.

#3. You should always build POP first before doing anything else on the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 4 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 4.

#4. If you have to tramp mine a planet you should do that after building POP but before anything else. Program checks to see if the planet date + 3 is < run date. If so, action happens. Planet date set to run date - 3.

So... example: If the run date is March 30th then the code would be set to 3/30/2014. The planet's date considering that something might have set it last run would be 7 days ago or 3/23/2014.

So you build POP first. Planets date (3/23/2014) + 4 is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works and the planet's date is set to 3/26/2014.

Then you have a fleet in orbit selling goods to the world. Planets date (3/26/2014) + 2 = (3/28/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works. Planets date is set to 3/28/2014.

Then you have the fleet buy goods at the world. Planets date (3/28/2014) + 1 = (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/29/2014.

Last, you build Marines on the planet. Code checks to see if the planets date (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/30/2014.

Okay. Whew! Hope that helps. And note: There are a number of other date checks but I haven't traced them down yet. These mostly deal with smuggling, pirate raids, etc.; so if nobody's messing around with your planets you're trying to trade with, it should not be an issue.

WOW, I thought I was confused before.....Big Grin

I hear that. I would like to think that as long as there wasn't a pre-requisite for an order, (must build a the ship before you can move it) the order should run. However, if there is this sequencing activity going on, then we need a sequence of actions list.

I believe this sequence of actions business only deals with building Pops, taxing planets (not mentioned here), buying/selling cargo, and building MU/HMUs. Nothing else has to be in any particular order. If you go to the thresholds (http://www.takamouniverse.com/takamo/thr...-volume-1/), there is simplified info there.
(04-12-2014, 03:02 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: I have sent planetary probes to two different planets. One planet (planet A) had fighters attack the probe, the other (planet B) had forts attack the probe. Can I assume that planet A has no forts and that planet B has forts and possibly fighters?

I also scanned or probed a planet that did not attack but said the owner was indeterminate. What does that mean?

I believe the answers are like this if forts are present they shoot first does not mean that fighters are not present but if fighters attack then I beleive there are no forts...JMHO

as for the planetary owners indeterminate, none, refuses to identify themselves and other stuff like that all mean there is no owner.
Anyone please correct me if I am wrong
This Ap Bac
Grand Magister of the Apshain Federation.

We are a Ag Corp from the original galaxy of takamo. I don't know if we were the largest or most powerful to ever exist but we were close to the top of the list. I just signed up yesterday (13 april) and am still waiting to hear back with my starting setup. When I get it I'm going to be looking for clients.

One of the things I'll be doing is scanning worlds, looking for planets to occupy. If you know anything about Ag and Trade corps, we can't occupy them ourselves, but we van find them for others who can. I will be willing to trade planetary locations to other players for development for a random planet terraformed for me once in a while. the exact number we can work out to our benefit somewhere along the line. Of course, I also just happen to have Ag centers to drop on your planets. Trust me you want those badly, they are very useful.

I also need to find a trade corp to trade favors with.

From a cursory reading of the forums I'm finding that the galaxy is full of dangerous junk that just did not exist before. there were very little problems in the old galaxies. this one people are getting into shooting matches and other odditie problems (black holes) instintaniously. Never used to happen. Does not bode well for the future. I don't think we need to shoot at each other in this game, there will be too much else too shoot at already.

Pleasure doing business with you in the future...

This Ap Bac
Grand Magister of the Apshain Federation.

We are a Ag Corp from the original galaxy of takamo. I don't know if we were the largest or most powerful to ever exist but we were close to the top of the list. I just signed up yesterday (13 april) and am still waiting to hear back with my starting setup. When I get it I'm going to be looking for clients.

One of the things I'll be doing is scanning worlds, looking for planets to occupy. If you know anything about Ag and Trade corps, we can't occupy them ourselves, but we van find them for others who can. I will be willing to trade planetary locations to other players for development for a random planet terraformed for me once in a while. the exact number we can work out to our benefit somewhere along the line. Of course, I also just happen to have Ag centers to drop on your planets. Trust me you want those badly, they are very useful.

I also need to find a trade corp to trade favors with.

From a cursory reading of the forums I'm finding that the galaxy is full of dangerous junk that just did not exist before. there were very little problems in the old galaxies. this one people are getting into shooting matches and other odditie problems (black holes) instintaniously. Never used to happen. Does not bode well for the future. I don't think we need to shoot at each other in this game, there will be too much else too shoot at already.

Pleasure doing business with you in the future...
Another Ag Corp setting up. Kana'Ti, Director of The Hialeah Consortium. Waiting for my setup as well. I'm looking for allies! and others..........

I welcome the Grand Master of the Apshain Federation and offer to discuss items of mutual interest when appropriate.
Ap Bac
first speaker of the Apshain Federation

We are back from the void after a long hiatus. We are an Ag corp with a long history of service to many races. Our race lived in the first galaxy (I think) and was one of the largest Ag corps in the game ever. I had something in the neighborhood of 600 ag centers scattered through at least 40 races in the old galaxy. somehow I doubt that will happen again, but it would be nice to try.

I am looking for clients, allies and partners right now and am interested in trading favors in any field. I will be scanning to the limits of my ability and will eventually have planets to trade to other races. the planets will be free to my friends in return for one every once in a while terraformed for me. In the old galaxy I would have been wiped out without the extra worlds because races jealous of my success set cybers on my home world and destroyed it (anyone ever heard of I-am-I).

I am also looking for a Trade corp to team up with. Maybe Wit-co-I federation and megacorp, we can work something out together.

contact at lewsgame@yahoo.com chuck Apshain Federation
I have a old list of planets that I put mining centers on many planets with an income totaling Income to date : 121858
GEL12211 6 Mining Centers. Planet Owner LEADER ONE-SFA
GEL12212 2 Mining Centers. Planet Owner RODS RAIDERS-SFA
GEL21113 15 Mining Centers. Planet Owner FREEDOM FEDERATION
GCS23121 17 Mining Centers. Planet Owner GREEN PEACERS-SFA
GCS23124 4 Mining Centers. Planet Owner LEADER ONE-SFA
GCS31222 20 Mining Centers. Planet Owner THANKU
GCT12112 9 Mining Centers. Planet Owner FREEDOM FEDERATION
(NONE of these locations are real)

hope to have this again as a mining corp in this galaxy

Some of the players that were in the old galaxy of Tarkia

CES33211 11 Mining Centers. Planet Owner FREEDOM FEDERATION
CMP11112 2 Mining Centers. Planet Owner MEDINA TRADE COMPANY
COP12321 9 Mining Centers. Planet Owner VALENCE EMPIRE
CUJ21124 3 Mining Centers. Planet Owner RHEM FOZEY
GCS23124 4 Mining Centers. Planet Owner LEADER ONE-SFA
GCS31222 20 Mining Centers. Planet Owner THANKU
IQG31311 9 Mining Centers. Planet Owner MEGABUCKS
Good stuff Nicedemus. Hope to put you to work in the future!
(04-15-2014, 10:47 PM)Nazareth Wrote: Good stuff Nicedemus. Hope to put you to work in the future!

I look forward to doing mining centers for you and for anyone else that needs it