Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions & Answers (TAKAMO)
This discussion thread is for questions and answers for the game, Takamo.

http://www.takamouniverse.com/takamo/
Anyone know of any Ag or Trade Corps out there?
(04-09-2014, 01:57 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: Anyone know of any Ag or Trade Corps out there?

Site user Ixnay just signed up as a Trade Corporation.

Why do I get the feeling that this was not accidental?
Megacorp and I are allies, Megacorp is TC. Any one a Ag Corp?
(04-11-2014, 01:08 AM)WitCo-I Federation Wrote: Megacorp and I are allies, Megacorp is TC. Any one a Ag Corp?

That would be me. No, not an Ag Corp.

I wanted to be the VeryVeryBig Corp...
Alliances already! Man, better hit the ground running!!
Nicademus(Race Name) of the Nica Mining corp of Estra here.

You know you all want more income from your planets, give me a shout.

Through here or private message or email Nicademus@sbcglobal.net

Are there any ICB's playing on here? Contact me for better income on those planets.
(04-11-2014, 08:22 PM)Nazareth Wrote: Alliances already! Man, better hit the ground running!!

Resistance is futile. Mua ha ha...

I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting some information Thom emailed to me a while back. THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT, it has to do with priorities of actions in the current code (though he may adjust this in the future).

It's VERY crucial for trade runs between colonies & terraformed worlds. As of right now, trying to do these out of order (at a given planet) will cause some actions to fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try and give you a run down on order of things. I might have forgotten one or two but when I went back and checked code for the order this is what seems to make sense after the past few years not looking at it.

#1. If you build Marines or Heavy Marines on a planet it is done for the turn. Program sets the planet date and run date the same. So none of the checks below can be true any longer.

#2. You should always sell goods to a planet before buying goods from a planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 2 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 2.

#3. You can then buy goods from a planet after you sell to the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 1 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 1.

#3. You should always build POP first before doing anything else on the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 4 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 4.

#4. If you have to tramp mine a planet you should do that after building POP but before anything else. Program checks to see if the planet date + 3 is < run date. If so, action happens. Planet date set to run date - 3.

So... example: If the run date is March 30th then the code would be set to 3/30/2014. The planet's date considering that something might have set it last run would be 7 days ago or 3/23/2014.

So you build POP first. Planets date (3/23/2014) + 4 is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works and the planet's date is set to 3/26/2014.

Then you have a fleet in orbit selling goods to the world. Planets date (3/26/2014) + 2 = (3/28/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works. Planets date is set to 3/28/2014.

Then you have the fleet buy goods at the world. Planets date (3/28/2014) + 1 = (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/29/2014.

Last, you build Marines on the planet. Code checks to see if the planets date (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/30/2014.

Okay. Whew! Hope that helps. And note: There are a number of other date checks but I haven't traced them down yet. These mostly deal with smuggling, pirate raids, etc.; so if nobody's messing around with your planets you're trying to trade with, it should not be an issue.
(04-11-2014, 08:19 PM)Trader_Phred Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 01:08 AM)WitCo-I Federation Wrote: Megacorp and I are allies, Megacorp is TC. Any one a Ag Corp?

That would be me. No, not an Ag Corp.

I wanted to be the VeryVeryBig Corp...

Blush am working on recruiting a new player as an AC.. if successful, he will be very busy...

(04-12-2014, 12:38 AM)Trader_Phred Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 08:22 PM)Nazareth Wrote: Alliances already! Man, better hit the ground running!!

I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting some information Thom emailed to me a while back. THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT, it has to do with priorities of actions in the current code (though he may adjust this in the future).

It's VERY crucial for trade runs between colonies & terraformed worlds. As of right now, trying to do these out of order (at a given planet) will cause some actions to fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try and give you a run down on order of things. I might have forgotten one or two but when I went back and checked code for the order this is what seems to make sense after the past few years not looking at it.

#1. If you build Marines or Heavy Marines on a planet it is done for the turn. Program sets the planet date and run date the same. So none of the checks below can be true any longer.

#2. You should always sell goods to a planet before buying goods from a planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 2 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 2.

#3. You can then buy goods from a planet after you sell to the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 1 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 1.

#3. You should always build POP first before doing anything else on the planet. Program checks to see if the planet date + 4 is < run date. If so action happens. Planet date set to run date - 4.

#4. If you have to tramp mine a planet you should do that after building POP but before anything else. Program checks to see if the planet date + 3 is < run date. If so, action happens. Planet date set to run date - 3.

So... example: If the run date is March 30th then the code would be set to 3/30/2014. The planet's date considering that something might have set it last run would be 7 days ago or 3/23/2014.

So you build POP first. Planets date (3/23/2014) + 4 is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works and the planet's date is set to 3/26/2014.

Then you have a fleet in orbit selling goods to the world. Planets date (3/26/2014) + 2 = (3/28/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so action works. Planets date is set to 3/28/2014.

Then you have the fleet buy goods at the world. Planets date (3/28/2014) + 1 = (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/29/2014.

Last, you build Marines on the planet. Code checks to see if the planets date (3/29/2014) is less than run date (3/30/2014) so the action works. Planets date is set to 3/30/2014.

Okay. Whew! Hope that helps. And note: There are a number of other date checks but I haven't traced them down yet. These mostly deal with smuggling, pirate raids, etc.; so if nobody's messing around with your planets you're trying to trade with, it should not be an issue.

I plan on having basis turn sequence of Tax, Retool planet, assorted actions, Flt Scans, Planet probes, sector probes and lastly Overall Tech raise. this is viable as long as last build on planet is MUs yes?
(04-12-2014, 12:38 AM)Trader_Phred Wrote:

WOW, I thought I was confused before.....Big Grin