Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion About The Game (TAKAMO)
(04-12-2014, 01:24 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: What was your race name back then?

My first character in the 80's was an Estra ICB, "Magrathea, Ltd" and the second one in the 90's was a Tarkia Trade Corp, "Megabucks".

Et vous, mon ami?
(04-11-2014, 06:48 PM)Takamo Wrote: Give Thom or me a shout. We'd be glad to help.

I just got home a short while ago. The problem isn't a lack of willingness on anyone's part to help. I appreciate the offer. I can always just not wait until the due date to try and figure out the orders. There are various ways to make getting turn orders in more viable, as an approach. But, I am approach the game much as I did with Far Horizons,a few years back - except that I have read and understood more of the rules for Takamo than I ever did for that game.
(04-11-2014, 06:51 PM)Takamo44 Wrote: Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner today. I'm working on getting some help for everyone starting out.

No need to apologize. I could always post on the Takamo Universe Facebook page.

At the moment, the higher priority for me is to test how intuitive the game feels. The initial failure, and its attendant frustration, is pretty much expected, actually.
(04-12-2014, 01:24 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: I found a copy of the rule book in notepad form if that will help you

I already have a copy of the rules in text format. I posted a link to it in the forum, here, back in July of 2013. See here: http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.ph...99#pid2299

I also find it to be a better tool than the PDF copy of the rules.
My first character in the 80's was an Estra ICB, "Magrathea, Ltd" and the second one in the 90's was a Tarkia Trade Corp, "Megabucks".

I remember "Megabucks". I was talse magoose in tarkia and demeter later on..another old-timer here

I am willing to help anyone also. Not sure what I am able to help with but willing to try.
(04-12-2014, 03:48 AM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 01:24 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: I found a copy of the rule book in notepad form if that will help you

I already have a copy of the rules in text format. I posted a link to it in the forum, here, back in July of 2013. See here: http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.ph...99#pid2299

I also find it to be a better tool than the PDF copy of the rules.

It will also be good once you go up tech levels, then you can copy/paste the new build codes and actions into the main rules.
(04-10-2014, 04:09 AM)Takamo Wrote: The original game does have a bit of a learning curve to it, especially the first couple of turns while you are getting used to the web based turn sheet. The original input program is actuallt much better but it was made for older OS and doesn't play well with the newer OS. If you have a 32 bit OS, we can send you the old program. If not, We are ready and able to help via e-mail.

Does it run with Dosbox?
(04-18-2014, 10:48 PM)kwll Wrote: Does it run with Dosbox?

No, it's a windows program but written way back in the mid-late 90's when 16 bit processors were still the norm as well as 16 bit OS. I think Windows 95 or 98 was the first 32 bit. So dos emulators will not run it. However if you have a pro version of Windows 7 you can download Virtual PC XP mode which will run it just fine. And I believe a 32bit version of Windows 7 Pro runs it fine too. Not sure about home versions of Windows 7 though.
i have win 7 64 bit home edition...seems fine
I was commandeered, after I got home from work, yesterday evening, and forced to consume copious amounts of food.

'Twas a mere pretext to a lesser event - shopping.

I had planned to do my turn orders, after I got off from work. But, I had to go shopping for a washing machine, instead.

In case any might wonder, shopping for a washing machine is NOT more exciting than conquering the universe. But, there doesn't seem to be any turn results, when the turn is missed.