Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Greetings fellow gamers. I play a lot of ESMS PBEM football. I don't see much of that around here. Are sports PBEMS a valid topic at this site?

Dave
Smile
Hello dthacker!

Of course sport themed PBEMs are a valid topic Tongue Welcome!

While I don't play them myself, I'm sure there are others here who are interested in the genre. What is 'ESMS' exactly? A type of football PBEM?
(03-20-2011, 02:35 PM)Ramblurr Wrote: Hello dthacker!

Of course sport themed PBEMs are a valid topic Tongue Welcome!

While I don't play them myself, I'm sure there are others here who are interested in the genre. What is 'ESMS' exactly? A type of football PBEM?

ESMS is a football (soccer) simulator written by Eli Bendersky and others. The simulator allows you to run your own football league. The game is written in C and will run on windows and linux based PC's. Players choose rosters, which are then run through the game simulator and produce match reports. The code is licensed as GPL and is freely available from a couple of locations. There are several derivatives and utilities that have sprung up over the years including a extended version of the match engine called ESMS+.

I'm the somewhat lazy custodian of ESMS source code and I've played in several leagues over the years. Like your restart of playbymail.net, I'm working on cleaning up and reorganizing my ESMS site. I play in a league called SNIFL (Stupidly Named Internet Football League) which has been running since 1999. We're currently running season 19

New managers are always welcome!
Check out The SNIFL Website

Dave
(03-20-2011, 02:17 PM)dthacker Wrote: Greetings fellow gamers. I play a lot of ESMS PBEM football. I don't see much of that around here. Are sports PBEMS a valid topic at this site?

Dave
Smile

Oh, absolutely and positively, sports games that are PBM and/or PBEM are valid topics on this site. No doubt about it!

The reason that you don't see much, if anything, about them on this site is that I, the site administrator, hasn't ever played any of them, and no one else has posted anything about them - until now.

Feel free to start new topics on the subject matter, as you see fit.