Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input Program
(05-22-2014, 12:11 AM)Nicademus Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 09:58 PM)Tregonsee Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 07:14 PM)Rocketeer Wrote: Okay, this is frustrating:

I pulled up my turn to complete it for this week and line actions 6-15 are gone. So on the turn it goes 1,2,3,4,5,16,17,18, etc...

It's like the Input program wasn't happy with my cargo run.
Are the actions gone, or were they not run? There is a difference. Could you post a sanitized copy?
I think he means in the input stage not results

Yes, I am going to take a number of things out of the input web page. Seems like all the tools I programmed into the page are getting in the way of a smooth interface. Took everything out of the lite version and most people seem happier with that anyway. I don't really understand where the missing actions could have gone as all it does is read each line one at a time. If you opened the file in notepad are the actions there?
One thing I liked on the original version of the input page is the list of ALL action codes.
(05-22-2014, 03:31 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: One thing I liked on the original version of the input page is the list of ALL action codes.

That button will stay. I think most of the problems people are having with the page is the drop down list in the action code box. Helpful yes but it causes some people a long delay before it advances to the next box. I can't recreate that on any computer I try but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I did it mainly so you could search for an action code by typing a word in the action code box like invade. It would bring up all action codes with the word invade in the description. However I don't think most people see it as anything other than annoying. Most of the other buttons and such will stay for the time being unless they too are causing problems.
It's helpful, until you try to use it, at which point it manifests itself as instantly annoying.
(05-22-2014, 03:46 PM)Takamo44 Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 03:31 AM)Tregonsee Wrote: One thing I liked on the original version of the input page is the list of ALL action codes.

That button will stay. I think most of the problems people are having with the page is the drop down list in the action code box. Helpful yes but it causes some people a long delay before it advances to the next box. I can't recreate that on any computer I try but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I did it mainly so you could search for an action code by typing a word in the action code box like invade. It would bring up all action codes with the word invade in the description. However I don't think most people see it as anything other than annoying. Most of the other buttons and such will stay for the time being unless they too are causing problems.
I don't think it has anything to do with the computer. It is more about the internet speed, which would make the pop up boxes react slower, or if you are using the computer for other things at the same time. That might be why you cant recreate the problem. The search function in that action code box is nice.
(05-22-2014, 05:18 PM)Nicademus Wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with the computer. It is more about the internet speed, which would make the pop up boxes react slower, or if you are using the computer for other things at the same time. That might be why you cant recreate the problem. The search function in that action code box is nice.

I suppose internet speed would be a bottleneck now that I think of it as the program has to make a round trip to the data base server, retrieve the data, analyze it and then send it to the computer to display it. All the code is server side so the real lag is the speed between the user's computer and the internet. Okay. That makes sense. Plus I've since found out that microsoft has had a bug in the routine I'm using for years but have not fixed it so that's why you get the jumps around the screen when the action code is entered. So until they fix it I guess it's off limits.
(05-22-2014, 08:04 PM)Takamo44 Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 05:18 PM)Nicademus Wrote:

I suppose internet speed would be a bottleneck now that I think of it as the program has to make a round trip to the data base server, retrieve the data, analyze it and then send it to the computer to display it. All the code is server side so the real lag is the speed between the user's computer and the internet. Okay. That makes sense. Plus I've since found out that microsoft has had a bug in the routine I'm using for years but have not fixed it so that's why you get the jumps around the screen when the action code is entered. So until they fix it I guess it's off limits.
I think if you turn off the pop up boxes and just have a full list (searchable) it will make it faster for all.
I"m not sure what happened. I save frequently and may have saved while I had a gap there. Then tried to save when done and it didn't update.

Anyway, I've switched to Excel. Just use a tab-delimited text file.

#########

Update - The input page doesn't like my file. It's going to be a long night if I have to hand jam that...
Updated the input page to add Insert Line, Delete Line, Copy current Line, Paste Previously Copied Line. Also took out the drop down menu selection on action codes although you can still click on the button to see the list as it seemed to be causing all kinds of issues for people.

Things to consider:

Inserting a line will push all line up one action deleting the 50th one if it is filled so be careful if you have a completely filled in turn. You will lose the 50th action. May buffer this later but ran out of time this week.

Delete a line (red square with a white X on the right of the line) will delete the current line and pull every action down one action line. It does not buffer it either so if you delete it's gone for now till I get the buffer written.

Copy line will copy the entire line into a buffer but not erase the current line contents. If you wish to erase those contents either delete the line or just type over it.

Paste line will paste the previously copied line to a new line. It will over write the contents of that line so if you wish to keep the line your copying over insert a line first and then paste the line in the blank line.

The inputlite is still in the same place and the old input page is in a link on the top left of the new page.

Hope this helps. Any other suggestions let me know. See what I can do.
I cant get my turns to load at all on the input program or the input lite program