Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #17 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
I also wanted to add my thanks to Grim, for the effort he puts into Suspense and Decision. You are doing a great job!
(09-18-2017, 09:12 AM)Greybeard Wrote: I also wanted to add my thanks to Grim, for the effort he puts into Suspense and Decision. You are doing a great job!

I second that.  

My first thought when I read the post was "Well, that goes without saying!", but truth is - we often go too long without saying thank you to people.
(09-18-2017, 09:12 AM)Greybeard Wrote: I also wanted to add my thanks to Grim, for the effort he puts into Suspense and Decision. You are doing a great job!

While I do appreciate the sentiment, Jim, and while you might like the magazine, if I were truly doing a great job, then I suspect that the magazine's readership would be significantly higher. It's all in how one measures "great," I suppose.
An unpublished magazine is always going to be compared with the public and published one - Flagship - that is no more. You are doing as we'll as you might expect, and filling a large gap.
Just wanted to drop by and say how much I enjoyed reading this issue! It gives me a lot of inspiration to continue to work on my own game.

My only comment at all is how it is strange to me that an ad for a game would be submitted with no contact information at all like on page 32.

This seems like it may indicative of a problem across many of the PBM games that are still around. They don't seem very approachable to new players, even just potential new players browsing the various web sites.

Hatch
http://projectlibertine.blogspot.com
(09-20-2017, 08:16 AM)Hatch Wrote: My only comment at all is how it is strange to me that an ad for a game would be submitted with no contact information at all like on page 32.
It's a clickable ad, the same one that I used for the game previously in earlier issues.
We'll try to remedy the issue, going forward.
(09-20-2017, 10:49 AM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 08:16 AM)Hatch Wrote: My only comment at all is how it is strange to me that an ad for a game would be submitted with no contact information at all like on page 32.
It's a clickable ad, the same one that I used for the game previously in earlier issues.
We'll try to remedy the issue, going forward.

Oh! I had no idea. That makes more sense.
It seems that's not the only ad.  My ad also lacks any contact info, other than my company's name in the logo.
I'll try to rectify that as well for the next issue.
(09-20-2017, 01:54 PM)Hatch Wrote: Oh! I had no idea. That makes more sense.

That's how we learn, Hatch.

Nice forum avatar, by the way.
(09-18-2017, 12:25 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:

While I do appreciate the sentiment, Jim, and while you might like the magazine, if I were truly doing a great job, then I suspect that the magazine's readership would be significantly higher. It's all in how one measures "great," I suppose.

Even if you do well (and you do), readership levels is even more dependent on "market".  A small market with Pulitzer-quality writing still won't "sell" issues.  Take credit and accolades for all that you do do.