Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion About The Game (TAKAMO)
(04-10-2014, 04:09 AM)Takamo Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 05:36 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 03:03 PM)walter Wrote: Pff!
The game looks great but how can you manage the orders? It seems like a very steep learning curve to play this game!

How did you guys managed your first turn?

Walt

I had help, but even still, I messed a few things up. I'm in it, though, Walter.

The original game does have a bit of a learning curve to it, especially the first couple of turns while you are getting used to the web based turn sheet. The original input program is actuallt much better but it was made for older OS and doesn't play well with the newer OS. If you have a 32 bit OS, we can send you the old program. If not, We are ready and able to help via e-mail.

One of the important issues to get straight early on is trade action sequence. If you mess up on the trades, your trade or merchant ships will end up with goods to sell and nowhere to sell them. Before you do any trade runs in the original game, give me a shout and I will walk you through it. Some of the old Threshold magazine articles address the trade action sequence as well, so you might want to dive into those in your spare time. :-)

during a chat with Thom, he recommended using OPERA as browser as well

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Discussion About The Game (TAKAMO) - by Wit'Co-I Federation - 04-11-2014, 01:05 AM