Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
(02-26-2021, 01:59 PM)Davin Wrote: Put the PDFs anywhere public on the web (as they are now and have always been) and just keep a Facebook page (such as the PBM one that's there)...

IMO, the one that is there is driving younger people away talking about receiving snail mail turns by posting pictures of envelopes...  I think we need a more modern approach when we promote Play-By-EMAIL on websites.  Emphasize the deep gameplay and use examples of your own Galac-Tac as a PBeM that utilizes technology to enhance the experience.

(02-26-2021, 01:59 PM)Davin Wrote: The PBM forum already has a topic where new issue announcements with links are posted and that can continue to be updated. Anywhere else we want to talk about it is likewise a good place to keep references, but they can all point to the same PDF files on the same non-social, public website. And people could always go directly there to check for the latest releases as soon as they learn where it is - I've done that fairly often myself.

I'm not talking about anyone vetoing where notices are posted. I'm suggesting we post everywhere at once, but just keep a single download copy in a publicly (and anonymously) available location.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what's wrong with that?

I apologize, Davin.  I do not intend to put words in your mouth.  Your "I refuse to use Facebook" (paraphrased) sounded like a veto to me at the time.  Now I better understand your meaning.  I have no objection to what you said in this paragraph.  The more important issue (which I helped derail us from) is abandoning the single massive issue that comes out every 2 years in favor of lots of smaller PDFs that come out every few weeks...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - by Lugh - 02-26-2021, 04:01 PM