Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions & Answers (TAKAMO)
(05-30-2014, 10:12 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(05-30-2014, 10:05 PM)Nicademus Wrote: not sure i understand your question...its a pc ship it makes the first production center on a planet that does not have them

Just trying to figure out what to actually do. I'm no closer than when I played the first turn.

Basically, I am a Cybernetic that pretty much just sits where I started, building nothing and not growing. So, I have started blowing up my own planets, to avert boredom.
I really wish (but kinda not) that Charon Empire or Knights of Rancor would step in and mentor this fledgling cyber. But if you find a terraformed planet and make it your own, and you want to keep, then do the following:

If it does not have Mining Centers, build a mining center ship and land it on the planet (or have a miner do so), then build enough mining centers so that the total number of mining centers equals the mining potential of the planet (MP).

If it does not have Production centers, build a production center ship and land it on the planet, then build enough production centers so that the total number of production centers equals 5 time the mining centers (assuming they are maxed out).

If there are some, but not maximum possible, mcs or pcs, then just build them on the planet.

(05-30-2014, 11:35 PM)GrimFinger Wrote: Is there a set of rules in Word format?
Not that I am aware of. Can you copy and paste the version in .txt into Word?
(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: I really wish (but kinda not) that Charon Empire or Knights of Rancor would step in and mentor this fledgling cyber.

I don't know who the Knights of Rancor are. I have communicated with Charon, though. That's hardly the same as knowing what to do.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: But if you find a terraformed planet and make it your own, and you want to keep, then do the following:

Unlikely to happen. Basically, my forces sit where they started, other than probes. Probes basically drain limited resources.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If it does not have Mining Centers, build a mining center ship and land it on the planet (or have a miner do so), then build enough mining centers so that the total number of mining centers equals the mining potential of the planet (MP).

Yes, so simple, isn't it? That's why I haven't built one, yet. I am trying to do something, this turn, assuming that I issued correct orders. No idea if I did or not.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If it does not have Production centers, build a production center ship and land it on the planet, then build enough production centers so that the total number of production centers equals 5 time the mining centers (assuming they are maxed out).

Again, this advice assumes that the player knows how to build them. That assumes far too much.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If there are some, but not maximum possible, mcs or pcs, then just build them on the planet.

Build them with what? Again, you operate from knowing how to play. Multiple turns spent, not knowing how to build basic things. Veteran players assume far too much. The rules are horrendous, very confusing, relevant info is scattered. Precious little time is spent playing the game or having fun. Time is gobbled up flipping pages back and forth, trying to view and compare first one document then the next. Orders issued with many spaces left blank, simply due to not knowing enough about the fundamental things that get an empire up and running.

Veteran players issue orders that are second nature. Me? I can't even get going. I don't worry so much about conquering other players' planets. I can't even build up the ones that I start with. It all boils down to not knowing what to do.

And people wonder why so many players drop out of PBM games.
(05-31-2014, 12:06 AM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: I really wish (but kinda not) that Charon Empire or Knights of Rancor would step in and mentor this fledgling cyber.

I don't know who the Knights of Rancor are. I have communicated with Charon, though. That's hardly the same as knowing what to do.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: But if you find a terraformed planet and make it your own, and you want to keep, then do the following:

Unlikely to happen. Basically, my forces sit where they started, other than probes. Probes basically drain limited resources.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If it does not have Mining Centers, build a mining center ship and land it on the planet (or have a miner do so), then build enough mining centers so that the total number of mining centers equals the mining potential of the planet (MP).

Yes, so simple, isn't it? That's why I haven't built one, yet. I am trying to do something, this turn, assuming that I issued correct orders. No idea if I did or not.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If it does not have Production centers, build a production center ship and land it on the planet, then build enough production centers so that the total number of production centers equals 5 time the mining centers (assuming they are maxed out).

Again, this advice assumes that the player knows how to build them. That assumes far too much.

(05-30-2014, 11:43 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: If there are some, but not maximum possible, mcs or pcs, then just build them on the planet.

Build them with what? Again, you operate from knowing how to play. Multiple turns spent, not knowing how to build basic things. Veteran players assume far too much. The rules are horrendous, very confusing, relevant info is scattered. Precious little time is spent playing the game or having fun. Time is gobbled up flipping pages back and forth, trying to view and compare first one document then the next. Orders issued with many spaces left blank, simply due to not knowing enough about the fundamental things that get an empire up and running.

Veteran players issue orders that are second nature. Me? I can't even get going. I don't worry so much about conquering other players' planets. I can't even build up the ones that I start with. It all boils down to not knowing what to do.

And people wonder why so many players drop out of PBM games.

OK send me an e-mail to: charon22@hughes.net

I'll send you my phone number so we can talk, I only have one good hand and typing hurts.
(05-30-2014, 10:48 PM)Nicademus Wrote: PM me and we can talk more.
maybe we can live chat on facebook (Michael Hart) yif you want to look me up

There wasn't enough time for that.
Although you don't want help from a bio, I'm going to give it anyway. It pains me to see you flounder.

Planetary builds are the simpliest and consist of Action Code 3 (for build), the Location, number to build and Build Code. Fleet builds require additional info.

So an example for building 7 Marine Units on a planet MMM11111.

AC../...LOCATION..../...#.../...BC
3..../...MMM11111.../...7.../...262

(building MUs on a planet should be done after any trading on that planet)

If you find this info helpful, please give me a plus.
Questions about probes from planets.

I have launched many probes from my highest tec level planet. I have received many different results such as:
1. planetary information
2. planetary information cut off from attack
3. no information due to a ship killing the probe before it reaches the planet, thanks Dread Pirates
4. no information due to loss of communication with the probe.

This last one is what I am questioning. Probes have a range, which I have no idea what it is, and I do not know how that would be reported in the turn results if it goes out of range but the last ones I received from my latest turn was only 1 sector away and they lost comms. I am sure it has a range of longer than that due to last turns showing results of longer range.

What happened to this last batch of probes I sent 1 sector away?
Stellar clouds can be a factor. Is the probe from a ship or a planet?
(07-11-2014, 07:36 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: Stellar clouds can be a factor. Is the probe from a ship or a planet?
no stellar cloud
first line launch
second line lost comms
(05-07-2014, 06:48 PM)Ramblurr Wrote: I'm interested in playing Takamo, but I'm interested to know what the turn reports look like. Would anyone care to share a turn report or a sample one perhaps?

A few more questions:
  • What is the information management like? Are people creating their own spreadsheets or is it pretty simple?
  • How much player interaction is there? Is there depth to it? I'm looking for a strategy game with strong player interaction.
So did you ever decide to play Takamo?