Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #19 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
(09-08-2019, 06:30 PM)Rinzai Wrote: Sent.

Your article has been received and compiled, by the way. Issue #19 is really starting to come together. I think that your article ended up being 14 pages long, after I added the images to it.
(09-12-2019, 04:08 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 06:30 PM)Rinzai Wrote: Sent.

Your article has been received and compiled, by the way. Issue #19 is really starting to come together. I think that your article ended up being 14 pages long, after I added the images to it.

Woah. The next few articles won't be that long, I promise.  Smile
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
I'll try and get a slightly better The Isles ad done in the next 36 hours or so - I have night shifts at the moment so struggling to stay awake until the weekend. I'd also commit to writing a small article about hand mod rpg PBMs, but that might be overextending myself for at least a few weeks while I wade through other stuff :-)
(09-12-2019, 08:54 PM)Roy Pollard Wrote: I'll try and get a slightly better The Isles ad done in the next 36 hours or so - I have night shifts at the moment so struggling to stay awake until the weekend. I'd also commit to writing a small article about hand mod rpg PBMs, but that might be overextending myself for at least a few weeks while I wade through other stuff :-)

That's fine, Roy. Issue #19 is mostly done, but there's still a portion of empty space yet to be filled, plus whenever I write what I write for the issue, that can throw the page count off (It must be done in 4-page increments), thereby creating or reducing the amount of available empty space. Invariably, I seem to end up missing some typos, each issue, but I am trying to refine what is already in place for Issue #19. So, you have a little time, yet, to get your Isles ad done and sent in.
UPDATE: Not much in the way of progress was made, tonight. I did manage to get the cover artist back on track, though. I really don't want to publish an issue without a front cover. I had actually hoped to finish things up this past weekend, but life doesn't always cooperate fully, for some reason.

Also, tonight, I began to debate with myself over what I had already written for Issue #19. There's also a little bit of stuff still coming in. I got home late, and there were several e-mails in my in-box waiting on me. Not sure if Bernd is planning to send an article in for Issue #19, or not. Bernd must be busy, of late.

When I get too tired, it's hard to function in an editorial/publisher capacity. The next most likely window of opportunity to publish Issue #19 will be this Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed!
UPDATE: A draft copy of Issue #19 of Suspense & Decision has been sent to Raven and Bernd, as a degree of quality control, to try and help catch any broken links or typos, before the issue is made available for download by the general public. Bernd has fallen silent, of late, and I have already begun implementing Bernd's suggested changes.

The actual publication deadline for Issue #19 was set for September 30th, 2019, so it appears that we are going to beat that deadline by approximately a week and a half.

Bigger structural changes in the design of the layout will begin to be implemented starting in Issue #20.
UPDATE: I have received feedback from Raven Zachary, whom I am using as a quality control checkpoint, and have implemented revisions/fixes, per his suggestion.

I also had picked Bernd as a second quality control checkpoint, but I don't know if he is busy or otherwise unavailable, currently, to do any QC for Issue #19.

Also, I fired off an inquiry to Roy Pollard of The Isles PBM, just a few minutes ago, and am waiting to hear back from him. Otherwise, Issue #19 is completed and ready to publish and be made available for download.

I may end up just publishing Issue #19, tonight, relying only upon one quality control checkpoint, instead of two. Thank you for your interest and your patience!