Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galaxy #122 has started
Trying to understand how to change a colony to a production center. Do I load 30PV on to ships, send them to the colony, unload the PV and then issue a DEVELOP order? Or does the develop order take care of any of that?
Wonderful!  I'm glad you're back to being able to post occasionally.

The suggested actions really concentrate on building defenses and setting up shuttle runs, so they might keep the empire alive but extended use doesn't leave you in a terribly good position to interact with your neighbors. I'm glad you're getting some time again for some personal decision-making, as well as any sabre-rattling that might be necessary.

(That robotic empire might need help trimming up some of his loose wiring, too, don't you think?)   Big Grin
(04-27-2021, 06:29 PM)ronin Wrote: Trying to understand how to change a colony to a production center. Do I load 30PV on to ships, send them to the colony, unload the PV and then issue a DEVELOP order? Or does the develop order take care of any of that?

All you need to do is have a fleet with at least 30 space in cargo. Give them a DEVELOP order and they will fly there and do the development on their own. Just like COLONIZE works.
(04-27-2021, 06:29 PM)ronin Wrote: Trying to understand how to change a colony to a production center. Do I load 30PV on to ships, send them to the colony, unload the PV and then issue a DEVELOP order? Or does the develop order take care of any of that?

I'm sorry - I missed seeing that question.

Yes, RktSci is right. But, like Colonize, you have to be at a production center when you issue the Develop/Colonize so it has someplace to load the PI from (and enough available). If not, you already have to have the 30 PI on-board when you issue it.

Important note: PI, not PV, is required.
The freighter(?) has to start in a production center. If the freighter doesn't have the cargo space for 30 PI, will it automagically make multiple trips to the production center? Or do I need to assign multiple freighters to convoy it over?

If the freighters have been JOINed, I can give the order to the lead freigher?
Yes, the freighter has to start in a PC or else it has to start with 30 PI on-board. It must be capable of holding 30 PI all at once, but that total may be in a joined fleet. If you Join three 10-bay freighters together, for instance, you can issue the Develop to the flagship and the whole group of them will do what you want (load 10 PI on each ship, move the group to the destination system, and drop 15 PI/turn for two turns). Just don't break up the Join while it's busy doing that.

Sound good?
Thanks. I'll give it a go this turn.