Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factional Redesign of The Ring
Exclamation 
BTW, I would like to request to everyone that they NOT go back and edit posts after they've made the initial submission.  I have no idea how many posts I've missed because I had no indication that someone had changed what they said (or started to say).  There is a "save as draft" option if you're not finished typing things in yet.
ENT - Entertainment is singing, is instrumental play, performance and the whole scope of that side of things to consider .
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
I think you missed my point. I was trying to talk about not needing skills in general yet, as opposed to what your sample skills mean.
My view of the Ring is that they are deeply Cultural Religion of the Midgard Society in general. The One True God has given them the Ability of Divination. With that too, they are the Keepers of Knowledge and History. They are the religion that uplifts society, and keeper of all it's knowledge. Even through the use of music, they try to uplift society to feel better about life.

The Ring have a special connection with the Gift, another sect of the One True God. The Gift try to uplift society through the construction of the buildings of life, and to try to heal the body of society through their healing studies. The alliance between the Ring and Gift is especially strong because of both their peaceful ways. It is also understood that the faithful at times do need defenders, and so the Banner is also an allie to both religions.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

That sounds quite reasonable.  Does the Ring have any other purposes/abilities that should also be included, or is this sufficient to make it fun enough to play even when many other factional choices become available?

Does anyone have anything else to add or change, or a completely different vision to suggest?
Davin Wrote:That sounds quite reasonable.  Does the Ring have any other purposes/abilities that should also be included, or is this sufficient to make it fun enough to play even when many other factional choices become available?

Does anyone have anything else to add or change, or a completely different vision to suggest?

Don't forget the Ring has there Power of Divination as well too!

Yes, you mentioned that.  But is that enough?  What I'm wondering is if there WERE dozens of factions around, would anyone still want to play the Ring in that fashion?  Or do we need to make it more fun/interesting?

I want every faction to be fun enough for multiple people to want to play in it, even if they have all the other choices to pick from (because they may well have, eventually).