Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction #32 - Seekers of Knowledge
Oh, and anyone else that has any suggestions for a way to share this information around, please feel free to leap on in here!
Google Docs
That was my first thought, but I haven't checked into any details.  Dreamweaver was going to look into possibilities there and report back to us as to its suitability.  (How's it going, Dreamweaver?)

Does anyone have any other suggestions that we can check out at the same time?
I am still looking....honestly I wish Geo Cities was still around that would have been perfect!
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
Davin Wrote:That was my first thought, but I haven't checked into any details.  Dreamweaver was going to look into possibilities there and report back to us as to its suitability.  (How's it going, Dreamweaver?)

Does anyone have any other suggestions that we can check out at the same time?

Ok the real question Davin is are you willing to pay for a service, I can't find anything that is FREE...there is Dropbox Business

https://www.dropbox.com/business/buy#0

It
is either $12.50 / month for 3 users up to 5 TB of storage

or at $20.00 / month for 3 users and unlimited space

I am still looking though....as I said are you willing to pay for this or not. Honestly if you have your own web server, you could host your own for free. You could do other things like AWS but that cost real cash.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

(02-12-2020, 01:46 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Ok the real question Davin is are you willing to pay for a service, I can't find anything that is FREE...there is Dropbox Business

Free sure sounds a lot better.  What about Google Docs - can they not do what we want?
(02-14-2020, 04:54 AM)Davin Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 01:46 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Ok the real question Davin is are you willing to pay for a service, I can't find anything that is FREE...there is Dropbox Business

Free sure sounds a lot better.  What about Google Docs - can they not do what we want?

For personal use it is free.  I use it all the time.  For professional use, you need to use G Suites and that costs.  

Another option would be to email documents to people the good old fashioned way.

BTW, I run a podcast (I have put out 57 episodes of said podcast) and would love to start a Midgard Podcast when the time is right. 

Oliver
Here is G Suite link:

G Suite links

Choose your G Suite edition. Try it free for 14 days.

G Suite pricing starts as low as $6 per user per month for Basic, $12 per user per month for Business, and $25 per user per month for Enterprise.

I have to ask what is the purpose, what is the intended use for the file-sharing?
Ever dance with the Dark Man, by the pale moon light? If you do risk it, it will be the last time you ever will.
I guess Davin you have to look at these options and tell us what direction you wish t0 go with.