Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction #32 - Seekers of Knowledge
Brick 
[Image: Seeker-graphic.png]

Faction #32 - Seekers:

NOTE: Under Midgard USA -Zan Faction #32 was the Cymru, later under Midgard UK -Stephen Faction #32 was the Seekers (Using the above pic):
*******************************************************************************************************
The Seeker Motto:

Draw upon the Book of Knowledge
to Illuminate the Darkness
that the sons of man and
daughters of woman might see.
Seeing, Illuminate the Darkness
for thy brethren and bring the light
of civilization into the corners
of the world.

*******************************************************************************************************
Seeker History:

Days before the great catastrophe, many skilled in the arcane
arts foretold the doom of the island city of Valspar. Then the
men of science did indeed see their doom rushing toward them.
Time and time, calculations were check and recheck, but the
answers were all the same, the great city of Valspar, center of
culture and learning, was doomed.

Thus began the great exodus, many of Valspar sailing away that very
day, even though it would be weeks before the huge rock would
arrive. But the High Council of Librarians, deciding to try and save
as much of the great Library as they could. Bought what few ships
remained. They loading the ships with the contents from the Great
Library and decided to stay there to the last, securing what ever they
could to rafts made of remaining available materials once the purchased
ships were filled. Then, sealed in waterproof containers were years of
secret knowledge.

Then the skies darkened and with a thunderous BANG!, the island of
Valspar was no more. A thousand years of culture and knowledge
gone in the blink of an eye. The great Library of Valspar was gone
and so was the city and any who made the great sacrafice to remain
behind to make sure as many books and scrolls as possible were
prepared and loaded ontp anything seaworthy.

The people of world were thrown from their feet. Waves taller than
the greatest building in the land swept over them.  Lives were lost,
cities crumpled and some were completely washed away.

Now the few descendents from Valspar, sons of the high council
members, have taking up where their fathers left off. They have
started a gathering of like minded souls to rebuild and then even
surpass what was once lost.

The Seekers have awaken........

****************************************************************************************************
Seeker GOALS:

1) Establish a Seeker homeland.
2) Add or build one city per year to the Seeker factional control.
3) Construct one or more Seeker Towers in every city in Kalmar and Midgard.
4) Master as many skills as possible.
5) We are neutral to all factions that do not prevent the free flow of knowledge.
6) Rediscover the island city of Valspar, and either rebuild it or salvage anything useful.
7) Build at least one Great Library (30 Towers) in both Kalmar and Midgard.

****************************************************************************************************
Seeker RANKS:

0: All Knowing Eye
1: Master of the Eye
2: Law of the Eye
3: Guardian of the Eye
4: Instructor of the Eye
5: Oracle for the Eye
6: Watcher of the Eye
7: North Eye of the Tower
8: South Eye of the Tower
9: West Eye of the Tower
10: East Eye of the Tower
11: Beholder of the Eye
12: Keeper of the Tower
13: Beacon of the Tower
14: Teacher of the Tower
15: Graduate of Tower
16: Dedicated of the Tower
17: Student for the Tower
18: Initiate of the Tower
19: Searcher for the Tower
20: Follower of the Tower

Seeker Skills:

ORA - Oratory
REC - Recruitment
SCT - Scouting
PCB - Personal Combat
STW - Streetwise
RSH - Research
TRN - Training

Note: If I was setting up a clan here is the starting skill set...

Seeker Setup (Clan Name):
LDR: RSH-1, TRN-1, ORA-1, REC-1, STW-1, SCT-1, PCB-1
  F1: RSH-1
  F2: RSH-1
  F3: RSH-1

Game play with this faction is more a explorer and investigator within the game. The search for knowledge and quest to look into things. The focus is not combat but the other matters within the game.

Seeker Factional Office - Library of Knowledge:

The Seeker office was the Tower of Knowledge, and the befit is that for each Library you have a +2% per Library to find a trainer in any skill or finding out knowledge on a topic. The more offices the better the chance. When there are (30) Library in a city you have a Great Library.  You then have greater access to deeper secrets and knowledge that is not normally know, plus higher +6 level skill. Also the Seeker Towers add a increase of +1% money to the cities Taxes as well. Also it takes less time to train in a skill at a Seeker tower complex, with (10) Towers it takes only 5 cycles to obtain a skill level, with (20) Seeker tower complex it takes 4 cycles to obtain a skill level, and with (30) Seeker tower complex it takes 3 cycles to obtain a skill level.

The Great Library of Valspar:
[Image: Great-Library-Valspar.png]
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
This faction is for those that want to Explore and dig into matters they discover in the game. The faction uses the Skill system and they are it's masters.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

This faction could be anywhere and their Factional Office was a Library (Sages/Scribes/Librarians/Instructors).

They could have any skills but they dig into everything. BTW the pic in the first thread was the pic used for the Seekers within that version of the game where they came live. I know because I was the factions creator and created the pic for the faction.

I may be changing any of the calculation-style details, such as how many libraries (or whatever) will be needed for what effect, but I think the overall scheme will be the kind of thing you're used to having.
All is good Davin, just spelling it out so it is documented is the correct thing. It needs to be done for all factional offices and temples and etc.

BTW if the Seekers return, I will once again pursue senior-ship of this faction.

BTW, eventually we're going to need all this kind of factional reference material for each organized faction.  We'll need (preferably) top people for their factions to help construct this, and I'd like as many players as I can get to comment on each one so we can work out a consensus.  Let's go ahead and do this for the base factions, too, as I expect you all have seen many changes over the years from the straightforward definitions given in the old rule book.

Of course, I don't have much time to manage this personally so I'd like to have some volunteers to do the organization and management.  We'll need to come up with some place to accumulate and store the information we collect, as well.  I don't know if that should be on-line in the forum or on a wiki somewhere or a word processing document or what, but we need to come up with something.  As slow as I am on the coding side, you'll have plenty of time to work on this before I'll need to do something with it.

Any volunteers to start with?
Do you have a document location in mind Davin? Something you own and control and can grant access with admin rights. Being a Solutions Architect and DBA I would be willing to help you out.

(02-04-2020, 04:54 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Do you have a document location in mind Davin? Something you own and control and can grant access with admin rights.  Being a Solutions Architect and DBA I would be willing to help you out.

I'm not sure - we'd have to check out different options.  But I'm wondering if perhaps we could do something with Google Documents, for instance.  Will they allow collaborative editing with change-tracking?  At least I want everyone to be able to read and review everything we've got as it goes (hopefully with change-marks showing where there's something new to pay attention to).  At worst they can post change suggestions on the forum and have an editor type it in.

Would you like to check out some options and let us know what sounds promising?
I will be happy to look into this for you. I will PM you with details and then when you decide what works best we can post it here to explain to the membership. I think Usernames/Passwords should be handled via PM to keep it locked down and have accountability to control the site. This is a Seeker thing to do! Big Grin

You can just email me to talk about options. And you're right - it does sound rather like a Seeker thing, doesn't it?