• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBM Breaking News: Star Fleet Warlord
New Standard Game (G88) starting on July 29th. If you are interested
in joining, please send an Email to warlord@play-by-e-mail.com
by July 29th with initial build or login to your account
and submit it through the website or fax me the initial build at
484-334-7634.

In addition to the standard rules, the game will be using:

1) Random Corporations (i.e. the Corporation numbers will be be based on the sector)
2) Victory is considered 90+ Sites.
3) No Events
4) Starting year is Y165
5) Only people who have not been in the top 3 places in Die Hard 27-30 or Standard Game G84-G87

Prizes:
-------
$50 - First Place
$25 - Second Place
$10 - Third Place

Paul Franz
warlord@play-by-e-mail.com
(07-17-2013, 11:33 PM)GrimFinger Wrote: New Standard Game (G88) starting on July 29th. If you are interested
in joining, please send an Email to warlord@play-by-e-mail.com
by July 29th with initial build or login to your account
and submit it through the website or fax me the initial build at
484-334-7634.

Where can we get a copy of the rules? What's the website?

Hatch
http://play-by-e-mail.com

http://play-by-e-mail.com/downloads/file...lebook.pdf

http://play-by-e-mail.com/downloads/downloads.html
Has anyone played this game? There's a hundred page rulebook, which is great. Looks like it costs $4/turn, and the winners might win some $$ back. But there is no game forum or reviews or screenshots anywhere. It's almost like the moderator is determined to scare away curious observers.

Looks like it was based off an earlier PBM game called Galactic Conquest. Anyone ever play that?
(07-19-2013, 03:52 PM)ixnay Wrote: Has anyone played this game? There's a hundred page rulebook, which is great. Looks like it costs $4/turn, and the winners might win some $$ back. But there is no game forum or reviews or screenshots anywhere. It's almost like the moderator is determined to scare away curious observers.

Looks like it was based off an earlier PBM game called Galactic Conquest. Anyone ever play that?

There is no game forum. Because I share a forum with ADB at the SFU Discussion Board.

When it comes to reviews, I am not sure where you can visit to see a review of the game. It is not it is Warcraft. And the question, how much can you trust any quotes I put up from players?

When it comes to screenshots, you have a point. I really should have some screenshots of the client and copies of the reports/maps that you get when you are playing the game. I will get them up, ASAP.

And yes Star Fleet Warlord has the same basis as the current "Galactic Conquest".

Star Fleet Warlord is a game of information, diplomacy and taking over as much of the Greater Megellanic Cloud in a limited amount of time. The games can be either goal oriented (i.e. so many sectors or major sites) or time-based. (i.e. a game will run for 30 turns). Each turn is a 2 week length.

Paul Franz
Owner of Franz Games
Proprietor of Star Fleet Warlord