Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an ongoing, neverending PBM game
Hello everyone,
does anyone know an active game similar to quest or an active version of KJC Game's Space Troopers?
I like the flavour text in the quest turn reports, and that goes for Space Troopers as well.
Space Troopers doesn't even have KJC's new order system, so it's hard to input orders. The Phoenix nexus is hard to sign up to as a blind player, as there is some Captcha or something in that form.
I liked the concept of Madhouse UK's Abnormals and I'd hope that other companies would start blog narrative games like this, but Abnormals died off.
So, does anyone know an ongoing, persistent game with good flavour text in turn reports. Fall of Rome seemed particularly interesting because of the novel-like battles, which I have yet to see a sample of. It's GUI interface makes it very hard for me as a potencial blind player as well.
Thanks everyone. Between Phoenix signup issues, Space Troopers not being very active and the wargame style games that dominate this community, I haven't found the one game that I'd both be interested in sticking to and can play as a blind person with either accessible GUIs or an accessible web interface.
Any suggestions?
Harlequin run Exile: http://www.harlequingames.com/ex.html
Thanks for Exile. The GM and the PBM address at Harlequin Games do not seem to be active. I emailed them in regards to turn turnaround, and they haven't responded yet. Granted it's been two days, but I'd rather not wait around a month to get these questions answered. Turns is understandable.
Any other suggestions?
(10-23-2015, 01:14 AM)Orinks Wrote: Thanks for Exile. The GM and the PBM address at Harlequin Games do not seem to be active. I emailed them in regards to turn turnaround, and they haven't responded yet. Granted it's been two days, but I'd rather not wait around a month to get these questions answered. Turns is understandable.
Any other suggestions?

Hi Orinks,

I have ammended the Exile page on the Harlequin site. This game has long been in the hands of the current GM Mike Tayor and is no longer actually run at Harlequin Games anymore. It did say this at the bottom of the page, I have moved that to the top now.

Mike has periods where he has a flurry of activity and periods where he goes quiet. I think you have hit one of those periods. We carry this page as a point of contact for Mike which he would not have otherwise.

Harlequin
You can try out olympia: The Age of Gods, our first game has a goal, but its a long time game:
http://www.pbem-spiele.de/tag/1/

Hostrun is every sunday and you can join anytime.

Our second game will be bigger and has no real end. Here are the first impression of the new game (in german):
http://www.pbem-spiele.de/forum/viewtopi...=57&t=4042

The games are in english and we will translate the next modules into english too.
Sounds cool. I really wish Exile was running though, either that or Abnormals. I like the idea of emailing a GM, creating a character, tell him what I want my character to do, along with other players doing the same thing to see how the narrative turns out.
I guess there aren't that many games like that.
You can try out Olympia, the game is still running and you can join every turn.

There are many free hand moderated RPGs out there, but the GMs need time and most of them dying fast. Most of them in star trek universe I guess. Check out this list: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/pbm_list/human.html
(11-21-2015, 10:39 PM)Orinks Wrote: Sounds cool. I really wish Exile was running though, either that or Abnormals. I like the idea of emailing a GM, creating a character, tell him what I want my character to do, along with other players doing the same thing to see how the narrative turns out.

Well Fallen Empires might be up your street !

Although its not character, its still the same idea and I think you will like the free style of the GM's
(11-21-2015, 10:39 PM)Orinks Wrote: Sounds cool. I really wish Exile was running though, either that or Abnormals. I like the idea of emailing a GM, creating a character, tell him what I want my character to do, along with other players doing the same thing to see how the narrative turns out.

No, there aren't.  If you want a good hand moderated fantasy game, deep and narrative roleplaying pbm rpg, decades in the running now, contact Tony Dunks at Xott...

xott@sark.net
Harlequin Games website shows at least one Legends Game still accepting startups: http://harlequingames.com/legbtr02.html. Blood Tide Rising 2.

Its no good emailing Harlequin, use their website in the first place. All the information you need about any specific game is on the relevant website, together with all the downloads you need.