Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring PBM services...
I tend to do likewise. If I have an image (jpeg, png, or whatever), I tend to resize it in GIMP first, which can do a much better job of rendering than a layout program can. Better solution might be to send the original, but that might be vector art in something like illustrator or freehand that I can't process. This first issue will be a learning experience, but I will say this -- given that we're publishing in PDF format, I will absolutely go back and redo the published version if errors arise or image quality can be improved. Pixels are magic.
HI All,

I have been totally immersed (overwhelmed) in new product creation for the last few months and have only become aware real life issues impacting on Charles.

I hope things are slowly getiting better for you.

Ixnay/Charles, feel free to re-run any previous Harlequin Games/Middleeartgames Ads.

Any idea on the real deadline for the next issue, I will be wrtiting an article soon.

Thanks for the efforts of everyone.

Harlequin
If you want something to appear in Issue 10, I would get it to me by this weekend.
Sorry for delays, all! I am committed to getting this issue out by Monday 11/3. Possibly earlier. After that we'll return to an end-of-month publication schedule.
Is there any way to get back private messages? I could really some of the info contained in them...
Gahh! I didn't realize all the PMs are gone! I saw my message counter total still reading 93 messages, and just assumed all was well.

Grim -- any chance you can ping the hosting company and see if they can restore the PMs?
Hey folks, Issue 10 is still underway. A tree branch fell on the cable wire to my house, so I've had no internet for a few days. Should be fixed tomorrow. It's been a hindrance...
(10-29-2014, 03:52 PM)ixnay Wrote: Gahh!  I didn't realize all the PMs are gone!  I saw my message counter total still reading 93 messages, and just assumed all was well.

Grim -- any chance you can ping the hosting company and see if they can restore the PMs?

It wouldn't be an issue for the hosting company. They didn't fix the last issue. Not sure if this can be fixed, now. I'll check into it.
I have announced publication dates before and let them slip, but this time I mean it. Issue 10 will go up on or before 11/30/2014. Just in time for the holidays. Just think of the joy you'll see in the eyes of your loved ones as they open up the hard-copies you will be able to print out and stuff in their stockings.
Glad to hear things seem to be back on track.  I would say I would have new company news, etc, but lots of family and friends in for Thanksgiving wearing me out.  Alamaze has 20 games going now, we've made lots of processing improvements, are running our 2014 Championship games.

Mainly, just happy Charles and company seem to be back, re-engaged.  I repeat my recommendation for a more humane schedule like bi-monthly and 50 pages instead of monthly at 100.