Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Wargames: Olympia & Atlantis
Hello,

I just found out about this site by sheer coincidence -- a google search for Far Horizons -- and wanted to post some links here that might be of interest. I think that those games deserve a place in Your link list, as they still have a strong fan-base, at least from the point of view of the ever dominishing group of pbem players.

1) A new instance of Olympia is running has been brought back to life. The war-game is set in a fantasy setting and is currently in the later mid-game stages. Currently, initiatives are under way to modernize this great game.

2) The Atlantis play by email games are missing, which feature a multitde of different code bases, derivates, special rules, i.e. Conquest, Arcadia, Standard, etc:
-- developers list
-- a running game from the 4.0.10 codebase

3) Eressea, a german but internationalized type of Atlantis game.

Regards,

iyhael
(08-27-2011, 02:26 PM)iyhael Wrote: I think that those games deserve a place in Your link list, as they still have a strong fan-base, at least from the point of view of the ever dominishing group of pbem players.

The Olympia site already has a link, here, on the front page of the site. I'll add the others, however.

Glad that you found the place, and I appreciate you posting.
(08-27-2011, 02:26 PM)iyhael Wrote: 1) A new instance of Olympia is running has been brought back to life. The war-game is set in a fantasy setting and is currently in the later mid-game stages. Currently, initiatives are under way to modernize this great game.

Is this game still active? The link, which formerly worked, is dead, now.