Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBM News Blurb - April 7th, 2011
Norberg Games
Despite a recent announcement on the Fate of a Nation forum that Fate of a Nation didn't make it, the game continues onward. The Top list for winter year 2 (turn 34) has been posted by Peter of Norberg Games.

-----

PlayByMail.Net
I heard from Gary Smith, formerly of Andon Games fame, via e-mail recently, after I sent him a link to the interview that PlayByMail.Net did with Rich Van Ollefen. Gary said that the interview was "an interesting read."

-----

Rolling Thunder Games
Browing the threads of the Rolling Thunder forum, I came across a discussion thread for SuperNova: Rise of the Empire that pertained to things that are slowing down the database, and by extension, the delivery of turn results to the players.

-----
Agema
We're a full week into the month of April, and the Agema forum remains very quiet. Turn results for Turn # 8 for one of Agema's games is out, today, however.

-----

Project Libertine
The Project Libertine Development Blog continues to see Hatch post regular updates, on his upcoming 4X Space Exploration browser game. Unable to sleep, Hatch went ahead and finished implementing code for Ship Morale decay.

-----

Empyrean Cluster Wars
Exploring the Empyrean Cluster wars forum, I noticed that site user Darth Pedro has declared that the starship ship DPS DDT successfully vaporized a Borg intruder.

-----

Rimworlds
Rimworlds is going to be an on-line multiplayer space civilization simulation. Jon Ogden, programmer and overseer of the Rimworlds project, has issued an invitation for testers, over in the Rimworlds forum. Jon also recently released an image of a new 3D model of a ship to be used in the game of Rimworlds.

-----

Flying Buffalo
Dropping by the Flying Buffalo Gamer Forums, I noticed a small sparkle of exchange between players of the game, Starweb, in an otherwise largely lifeless forum.

-----

Reality Simulations
Turn orders for Hyborian War game number HW-854 have begun arriving in players' postal mailboxes. My turn results for the kingdom of Nemedia arrived in my mailbox, this morning. That's how I know. As of the end of turn # 11, the top ten ranked kingdoms in HW-854 are:

1st - Tombalku
2nd - Zembabwei
3rd - Amazonia
4th - Uttara Kuru
5th - Zamora
6th - Khoraja
7th - Cimmeria
8th - Juma's Kingdom
9th - The Border Kingdom
10th - Kosala