Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Mark ? (or Galactic Empires update?)
Last year Mark Wardell of WyEastGames.com and PBMGamer.com of fame indicated he would be resurrecting Galactic Empires.

Yet, I haven't heard anything from him in several months. Emails go unreplied to, and his blog hasn't been updated since Jan.

Has anyone heard from him, particularly when it comes to GE? I must admit, GE looks like a fantastic game, and if it wasn't for the obvious copyright/intellectual property rights issue, I would implement the game myself.

I think that Mark "The Mad Scientist of PBM" Wardell, as I like to call him, is simply distracted with real life considerations, of late. Plus, it probably doesn't help that not many seem to take enough interest in play by mail to even post on his site, even on those rare occasions when they do stop by to visit. Lacking motivation, and being short on time, while being overwhelmed with real life considerations, can knock the wind out of one's sails, for sure.

I could be wrong, though. he could be in Las Vegas with the high roller crowd.
Interesting, I've never found a thread about myself before.

What Grim said, real life, unemployment, take your pick. For a time I became the worst of the PBM hobby, the guy who drops off the face of the earth leaving a project half done. No excuse, it happened, I'm back, I'm still working on things, including Galactic Empires. Maybe the new wind in my sails will carry a project or two to completion. I've got two solid games outlines to work on once Galactic Empires is done, but I don't eve want to talk about them until GE is done.

~Mark
~Mark
a.k.a. The "MAD" Scientist
Revisiting some older threads only to state the obvious, I'm back.

And the less obvious, the classic LATE 1970's game Galactic Empires will be back later in 2024. I'm looking for any past and future players who might be interest in the game to reach out and contact me.

Have a great day.
~Mark
a.k.a. The "MAD" Scientist
(04-26-2024, 03:15 AM)PNMarkW2 Wrote: Revisiting some older threads only to state the obvious, I'm back.

And the less obvious, the classic LATE 1970's game Galactic Empires will be back later in 2024. I'm looking for any past and future players who might be interest in the game to reach out and contact me.

Have a great day.

It's nice to see you posting, again, Mark.

Welcome back!