Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login problems?
Why is the forum asking me to login from scratch (even though I tell it to remember me) every time I come here? Is it just me or does it happen to everyone?

Also, I've been getting the message "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again." when I log in, even though it successfully leaves me logged in. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
I've been getting that after closing tabs since the site was restored. If I don't close the tab, it remembers me.
I am getting that also.
If I had to venture a guess, it's likely due to something being screwed up from some prior mistake of mine, when attempting to do an upgrade that went amok.

Perhaps it is time to retire this forum permanently. It could remain online as a view-only repository, and a new forum could be installed from scratch.
Hmmm... if you think that will solve all our problems. I just don't want to lose this community gathering point completely.
(12-29-2021, 08:37 PM)Davin Wrote: Hmmm... if you think that will solve all our problems. I just don't want to lose this community gathering point completely.

Nothing solves all problems, and I don't delude myself otherwise. There may well be other problems that remain, as yet, undetected. Nonetheless, something will be lost, by converting this forum to a read-only repository. Plus, it has not been my experience-to-date that problems of this recent sort are responsible for long-term disuse or under-use of this forum.

People encountering headaches logging in, though, encounter a barrier which will prove to be, for some if not for many, insurmountable.