Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open for a few more Players
A above - we're taking on a few more players if anyone is interested - see the-isles.com for more info and browse to Startup Materials for what you need to start playing. Note that unlike a lot of PBMs The Isles is a rules-lite hand-moderated RPG game and is quite different to the turn-card style of game that you see a lot of - Have a look at the samples etc on the website before deciding if you wish to play :-)
I am very tempted by this, but I know I don't have the bandwidth right now to do it justice. I'd love to join in at a later date, I've heard really good things!
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
(05-31-2021, 08:06 PM)Fungus Wrote: I am very tempted by this, but I know I don't have the bandwidth right now to do it justice. I'd love to join in at a later date, I've heard really good things!

TBH The Isles doesn't take that long to submit a turn - It takes a while to read the turn results but they're written in a story-like way so similar to reading a chapter of a book. And because the game is very rules-lite you don't have to refer to a rulebook to say 'Go to the Inn and speak to the Innkeeper about x' or 'Go the Market, buy a pair of good boots, and set light to a bale of wool to see if the Guards at the Tower leave their post to help'  - Some people spend hours on their turn, but a number spend about 10 minutes
OK, you got me! Smile where do I sign up?
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
Aha, seen the start-up section on the website. Sorted.