Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DOING TIME - A PBM Newsletter for Inmates
Attached is a first draft of the beginning portion of a PBM newsletter in text format aimed at the incarcerated portion of society.

The reason for a text-only approach to this newsletter is to facilitate it being accessible to inmates via e-mail or mail. The newsletter format was chosen over a magazine format, in a bid to keep the publication small, in order to keep down the fees for inmates who must pay to receive e-mail while incarcerated (for those who have access to e-mail inside of prison facilities).

See what you think.

Attached Files
.pdf   DOING TIME - Issue 1 - Draft 1 - UNFINISHED.pdf (Size: 36.28 KB / Downloads: 14)
I know I'm a little late on this, but this is a great idea. When my game was running I had several players who were guests of the State of Idaho, and that number was growing. I've always kept it in the back of my mind to explore ways to reach those potential players. I know from their feedback that they really appreciated having someone treat them like a person, and not like nothing more than what got them into trouble in the first place.

Did this progress beyond the draft issue posted here? Do you need some help with it?

~Mark
a.k.a. The "MAD" Scientist
~Mark
It hasn't progressed.

Sure, you're welcome to help with it. Your help would be appreciated.
Then we should talk. Like I said this has been on my mind for a long time. I looked at my old game data last night and at one time I had 6 players who were guests of the State of Idaho. I only ever had an issue with one of them, he got in trouble and had his mail privilege's removed for a time.

~Mark
~Mark
We're trying to approach that audience more ourselves. Galac-Tac/Talisman Games was listed in an introductory flyer that ravenzachary put together a while back.
Here's the flyer...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KRjQ7CB...rQD4G/view
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
(10-12-2021, 05:11 AM)ravenzachary Wrote: Here's the flyer...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KRjQ7CB...rQD4G/view

I've emailed Rick Loomis PBM to update the Flying Buffalo section with new info.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.