Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to PBM games
Hello,

I'm new to PBM. Currently playing in my first game which is TribeNet, a game with some amazing potential. I'm also getting signed up for Hyborian War, just waiting for the paperwork to go through.

I originally signed up over at The Road of Kings where I met my TribeNet mentor and made my way over here.

I live in Spokane, Washington and hope to meet other gamers and make new friends.
Welcome AwryChaos!
TribeNet sounds interesting!
Be well,
--Ron--
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
Unseen Servant PbP gaming
Feel free to jump into our free Galac-Tac galaxy #99 just about to start, if you feel like you can handle any more.  One of our slogans is "Make new friends. Make new enemies."
(05-05-2020, 05:38 PM)Davin Wrote: Feel free to jump into our free Galac-Tac galaxy #99 just about to start, if you feel like you can handle any more.  One of our slogans is "Make new friends. Make new enemies."

I'm thinking about Midgard. I heard a podcast about it and I'm interested in the game.
Sorry, but Midgard isn't ready to start yet. We're still in the middle of rewriting it for the web.
OTOH, there's a similar game getting started called Knightguild, which was also referred to in those podcasts.
(05-05-2020, 07:32 PM)Davin Wrote: OTOH, there's a similar game getting started called Knightguild, which was also referred to in those podcasts.

Thank you, I'll check Knightguild out. Do I have to have a Windows machine for Galac-Tac? All I have right now is Android.
(05-05-2020, 07:37 PM)AwryChaos Wrote: Do I have to have a Windows machine for Galac-Tac? All I have right now is Android.

Galac-Tac is a purely text/HTML game based on the printed reports back in the old PBM days.  You can type in actions on the web site and also view the reports that way, so all you need is a browser (and even very old ones will work).  However, most people use additional playing aids, such as Excel spreadsheets.  My favorite aid is the GTac Assistant, which is a Windows-based program.  But a number of players are also running the GTac Assistant successfully on Macs using the Crossover software.

So what additional tools you have available are up to you, but the game itself just needs any old browser.  Keep in mind that the reports are designed for paper printing and thus phone screens are often too small to be readable in full-page mode.