Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapid Galac-Tac galaxy filling
There are players accumulating that are interested in playing a rapid-turnaround Galac-Tac game with only two days between turns.  This means that if a turn comes out on a Monday morning then the due date is Tuesday night and the next turn comes out again on Wednesday morning.  This pace is certainly reasonable in terms of how long it takes to write up a turn (typically about an hour), but that steady pace over weeks and months can be difficult to maintain for some.  OTOH, it means the game can reach a conclusion much sooner (calendar-wise) than a 1-week or 2-week game.

If you're interested in this level of rapid-fire action, feel free to drop on over to Talisman Games and get signed up so we can get this game started for those folks.
(09-02-2019, 03:58 PM)Davin Wrote: This pace is certainly reasonable in terms of how long it takes to write up a turn (typically about an hour), but that steady pace over weeks and months can be difficult to maintain for some.

Assuming that one already has a grasp of the rules, that's probably right. Hopefully, we'll get some feedback about this game, as it progresses.
Yes, certainly it will require some experience to be able to do turns that quickly.  But hopefully all the new players will play some solo games first to get used to the game.

Hopefully, too, you and Ixnay will be running your own solo games and describing the process for us here or in S&D, so players can get an idea of what to expect before they start in a fast game.
Well I really haven't played my solo game too much, but I guess a game like that would definitely be a learning experience Smile