Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enter Bartholamew D Copenhagen...
Just submitted my first turn for this game!  I am Barth, a scurrilous cynic, finding his way in a strange city.

Seems like everyone starts as a prisoner, remembering little from prior life, released unexpectedly in the main town of a remote colony, surrounded by dangers.  You design a character with some simple attributes, get a nice write-up of your starting situation, and then submit a narrative set of thoughts and actions to take.  I added a number of conditional actions, depending on the results of earlier actions.  "I go down the alley -- if someone is there, do this.  If it's empty, do that.  If I get to a main street, do this other thing."

The writing is excellent, not too long or full of needless fluff, and directly engaging.

I'll use this thread to post more about Barth's misadventures, keeping certain details secret as needed.
(08-14-2019, 04:01 PM)ixnay Wrote: Just submitted my first turn for this game!  I am Barth, a scurrilous cynic, finding his way in a strange city.

Seems like everyone starts as a prisoner, remembering little from prior life, released unexpectedly in the main town of a remote colony, surrounded by dangers.  You design a character with some simple attributes, get a nice write-up of your starting situation, and then submit a narrative set of thoughts and actions to take.  I added a number of conditional actions, depending on the results of earlier actions.  "I go down the alley -- if someone is there, do this.  If it's empty, do that.  If I get to a main street, do this other thing."

The writing is excellent, not too long or full of needless fluff, and directly engaging.

I'll use this thread to post more about Barth's misadventures, keeping certain details secret as needed.

Excellent. See you on 'The Isles'!
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
I have received my next turn -- "turn 1". Excellent writing, again. I will start posting snippets, recaps, etc with a 2-turn delay. I want to share the good stuff, without revealing anything that would compromise me or others in the game.

Roy, if you're listening, I'll have a turn submitted to you by this evening...