Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
Howdy, I'm brand new to this type of game, although I've played many standard RPGs online by post. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for a strategic kingdom-management game for a player new to this genre? Clash of Legends looked interested, but I don't know how friendly it is to newbies, and it looks like you need to be invited by an existing user to play?
(10-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Flelmo Wrote: Howdy, I'm brand new to this type of game, although I've played many standard RPGs online by post. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for a strategic kingdom-management game for a player new to this genre? Clash of Legends looked interested, but I don't know how friendly it is to newbies, and it looks like you need to be invited by an existing user to play?

Alamaze.  Website at www.alamaze.co (not com), forum at http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/index.php.  

We've started over 200 games since our Resurgence in mid-2013, mainly 12 player games.  Alamaze is a fantasy war game that won Origins and Gen Con's PBM game of the year.  Each player chooses one of 24 kingdoms such as The Sacred Order, The Dark Elves, five wizard kingdoms, the Amazons, Lizard Kingdom, Nomads, many others.

Over 100 orders, over 80 spells, 70 artifacts.  Political, military, economic, covert, magical and other components as well as inter-player diplomacy although we have several formats, some of which are anonymous with no diplomacy.

I believe our community is very newbie friendly, and we have many highly praised mentors who take newbies under their wing.  Check it out.
So, Flelmo, did you ever find anything that suited your taste?