Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walter
Smile 
Okay, thanks to Grim playbymail has a new forum. Thanks for that!

I am Walter, 38 years old, living in Leidschendam, The Netherlands with my wife and daughter.
Started my first pbm game in 1986 with a Dutch firm called Fantasia Arena. The game was named Vorcon Wars. Played two turns of Vorcon Wars but the game folded due to I was the only one playing the game!!!

Then I started playing with the Pbm Express:
I played games like Knights of Avalon, Gladius et Pilum, Legends, Continental Rails, Supernova II.

I liked playbymail because of the diplomacy there was in that time. People were calling me with name like "Harige Harrie" or "Haddock" :-)
I had a phonebill, well, I can imagine my parents where angry...

Currently playing in a Legends Game, Harlequin games.. Not playing that many pbm games anymore.

I keep dreaming of my own game called Gliese 5. Not sure if it will ever finish but it is fun to prepare a game like this. Completely handmoderated of course because I dont have ANY programming skills at all.

Enough for now.
Again thanks for this website Grim.

Walter, you,re always a great addition to the site. Glad to have you back!

I want to know more about this thing that you call Gliese 5. Just because it may never be finished should not be an obstacle of any size to you talking to us about it.

Also, how active are things on the Harlequin Games scene, from your perspective a a player?
Well,
I joined a game of Legends a few weeks ago. I like an easy going game, not a hardcore one. So the current module is setup for experimental play. Thats currently my cup of tea. I am trying to find out whats the best way to run my hero in this game. Should be fun!

Gliese 5 is going to be a handmoderated game for a few players( <10).
I want to run this game in the same way as I am running my Dungeons and Dragons campaign. I use the computer for map and data storage.

The background will be a little bit like this:
The players have "landed" on Gliese 5 with a large group of colonist from the planet earth.
The colonists are the first humans send to this planet.
During the landing something went wrong and the spacecraft from earth chrashed down on Gliese 5.

It will be a clan turnbased handmoderated game.

Still writing down history etc.
So much things to do...

I will tell more if there is anything new I can tell you guys..Idea
interesting let us kow how it goes, maybe interrested in this....
(02-13-2011, 01:43 PM)walter Wrote: The background will be a little bit like this:
The players have "landed" on Gliese 5 with a large group of colonist from the planet earth.
The colonists are the first humans send to this planet.
During the landing something went wrong and the spacecraft from earth chrashed down on Gliese 5.

It will be a clan turnbased handmoderated game.

It sounds like a fine game, Walter. I would certainly be interested in trying my hand at it, when and if opportunity and player openings allow.
Cool walter, that sounds like an interesting game. It seems like an online adaption of a table top RPG, is that what you were thinking?
Well something like that.
But instead of playing a character in my advanced dungeons and dragons campaign, you will be running a clan in an unknown world.

I hope to start with this game in August. And with "start" I mean setting up a website and create my "campaign" from there...

Hope it make some sense to you!