Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion About The Game (TAKAMO)
(06-08-2014, 02:25 AM)Takamo Wrote: Did you find the layout of the rules on the old website on The Wayback Machine helpful?

I don't know, yet. I dug that particular page up after I did the orders for the last turn.
Want a terraformed planet or draw for a $25 amazon gift card? Take the scavenger hunt! http://www.takamouniverse.com/home/annou...k-6192014/
I have been able to get ownership of the Takamo-Tarkia yahoo group. I have cleared out the spam and spammers. If you have not been there before, it is an interesting archive about how the Takamo pbem game was played in the past, with good info and colorful 'smack talk'.

Link is: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Takamo-Tarkia/info
(06-29-2014, 03:11 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: I have been able to get ownership of the Takamo-Tarkia yahoo group. I have cleared out the spam and spammers. If you have not been there before, it is an interesting archive about how the Takamo pbem game was played in the past, with good info and colorful 'smack talk'.

Link is: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Takamo-Tarkia/info

OK, I went to the link but what do I need to do to view the "smack talk"?
click on conversations to see the messages. Some messages are questions, some are answers, some are rumors, and some are smack talk. D'Arc Tangent, AKA The Dread Pirate Blackwill, was certainly a character. The later messages about T.R.O.L.L. news are interesting as well.
(06-29-2014, 04:52 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: click on conversations to see the messages. Some messages are questions, some are answers, some are rumors, and some are smack talk. D'Arc Tangent, AKA The Dread Pirate Blackwill, was certainly a character. The later messages about T.R.O.L.L. news are interesting as well.

Yea, that don't work. It isn't a button I can click on, just a ghost button.
Seeing as how Takamo is one of the livelier game forums here on playbymail.net, can I get a volunteer to write up a one or two page "Quick and Dirty" guide to the basics of Takamo for our next issue of S&D? How to get started? What the general strategies are? What to do on your first 5 turns? How to pick from the different player types?

We are looking for new voices. Suspense & Decision is a big magazine, but many hands make light work.

Moreover, since the game is currently free to play, you might consider writing a short article to be your contribution back to the moderator and community that makes the game possible! (Plus, it's fun!)
(07-01-2014, 01:06 AM)CHARON EMPIRE Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 04:52 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: click on conversations to see the messages. Some messages are questions, some are answers, some are rumors, and some are smack talk. D'Arc Tangent, AKA The Dread Pirate Blackwill, was certainly a character. The later messages about T.R.O.L.L. news are interesting as well.

Yea, that don't work. It isn't a button I can click on, just a ghost button.
Funny, it works for me. It also worked for me when I was not the owner. Are you a member of the yahoo group?
How goes the game of Takamo?
(07-22-2016, 06:35 AM)GrimFinger Wrote: How goes the game of Takamo?

Takamo still runs.  I have heard rumors of some very large fleets out there, and there are plans by the powers that be to have an automated navigational database for each player.  It beats using graph paper or excel spreadsheets.

The game is still free and there is room for lots of players.