Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Rick McDowell
So this is where you guys hang out - glad to have found you!

I'm Rick McDowell, designed and was the original producer of Alamaze. We also licensed Alamaze to RSI and the production of the game was taken over about 1990 by my brother Phil operating Pegasus Productions. (Phil passed on last year.)

I was engaged by RSI to design their Forgotten Realms license, but ultimately they released something completely different.

My active involvement in design and production waned until 2003 and in 2004 we (Enlightened Age Entertainment) released the web based Fall of Rome with a full GUI and lots of humming scheduled processes so for example, turns are run at the top of the hour or sooner that the turn deadline occurs.

Attention turned to Kingdoms of Arcania, but that game has been put on the shelf for the time being as we were bogged down in programming.

If we can get the programming needed, I have a design for a two player, single setting (about an hour) strategy board game that is like Feudal (the 3M board game, not Feudal Lords the PBM). If you don't know Feudal, think a combination of chess and Stratego with special actions and fantasy elements.

We are presently exploring a re-release of Alamaze, if it appears we still have enthusiastic players in waiting. Let us know if you are interested!

Best,

Rick McDowell
I played one game of Alamaze through RSI 20 years ago. I'd be willing to give it another try if you start hosting games again.

Welcome back!
I never had a chance to play Alamaze back in the day, but sure, I'd be willing to give it a try. It was one of those I always hovered around...
(05-26-2013, 04:24 PM)tstone Wrote: I never had a chance to play Alamaze back in the day, but sure, I'd be willing to give it a try. It was one of those I always hovered around...

Looking forward to seeing you in Alamaze, Tstone.

Attached is a sample kingdom dossier to hopefully titilate:

Attached Files
.pdf   The Rangers of the Frontier Marches.pdf (Size: 301.99 KB / Downloads: 7)