Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #14 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
(11-08-2016, 07:37 PM)Angerak Wrote: Well, I'm going to say that the fellow in that obituary was not Charles - or somebody is playing with his Facebook account.  He changed his profile picture an hour ago, saying he was off to the polls...

I'm going to choose to believe that he's just 'gone silent' and is not actually 'gone'.

They say that your first instinct is usually the correct one.

Not really trying to go silent so much as I just plain get distracted - for long periods at a time. I tried to fire myself, a while back, but that didn't work, either.
(11-09-2016, 05:25 AM)BobMcLain Wrote: Well, if it's not him, then shame on him for not coming here himself, to his own forum, and putting the rumor to rest. At some point he has to decide, if he's still in a condition to decide, whether he wants to run a site and a forum, and publish a "magazine", and do it on a reasonable schedule, without going radio silent for weeks at a time. That's not fair to the handful who take his projects seriously and contribute to them.

Yes, shame on me. Then again, I didn't know that anyone was rumoring that I had died. 

As to schedules, we eliminated them. Remember?

I will say this, though, eliminating schedules is not a plus, and it clearly didn't help. The site and forum are maintained, whether I visit them or not, and that has been the case for several years on end. I could eliminate them, I suppose, but I'm not sure that that would actually benefit anyone. I tried to hand the site off, and the forum, and the magazine, previously, but that didn't work out, either, Bob.  Shame on me. There? Feel better, Bob? That won't fix anything, either, but I am  happy to oblige you. 

One thing that might actually help was that I deleted everyone from off of my Facebook friends list, except for two dead people) on December 26th, 2016. If I delete that account altogether, it will probably kill the PlayByMail.Net Facebook page. If I had to venture a guess, Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will likely always prove problematic for me. 

In the time that I was absent, did you take a photo of some of that PBM stuff that you've got squirreled away, Bob? You had plenty of time, after all.
(11-13-2016, 03:30 PM)Angerak Wrote: I sent Charles a message on Facebook sever days ago.  The message does not show that he has seen it, but his profile pic changed again this morning.

I have no idea what's going on.

Hmmmmm.....I don't think that I got that message, if it was a private message. I may not have seen it. It could have went into that other box thing that Facebook uses.
(11-13-2016, 05:46 PM)BobMcLain Wrote: I haven't been able to find him on Facebook. Can you send me a link to his page? There's another Charles Mosteller on Facebook, most definitely alive, but that's not him.

I'm on there.....sort of.

I spend too much time on it, or was, anyway. My vices are many, Bob. If you would only let me borrow that halo of yours, then perhaps I could improve.
(11-21-2016, 08:48 AM)walter Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 05:46 PM)BobMcLain Wrote: I haven't been able to find him on Facebook. Can you send me a link to his page? There's another Charles Mosteller on Facebook, most definitely alive, but that's not him.

Guys
please look at the date in the article:

Published in The Greenville News on Oct. 25, 2004

This is not our Grimmfinger...

Good eye, Walter.

For all of the talk about me, though, where have you been the last long while, Walter?
(11-30-2016, 01:48 AM)Rick McDowell Wrote: Just checking in for any update.

I fear i agree with Bob, this is not a sabbatical.  

I hope I am wrong, and if not, I hope a Phoenix springs from this effort of Grim's.

Honestly, Rick, you just never know.

Which sucks, I know, because knowing can be helpful. If you have any youth formula, then that might be a help to me. I will say that there's more than a little irony in individuals (more than one) who have said that PBM is dead to lament me disappearing from a hobby that they believe to be dead.

I didn't die (I appreciate the sentiment, fellows), but my cover artist's brother died. Perhaps I can rouse him.
OK, here's a status update on Issue #14 for the faithful who remain interested in such matters.

It looks like the point where I last left off on it had a number of articles already compiled. I don't know that I can get it completed prior to January 3rd, 2017, due to work and other commitments that just gobble up my free personal time. It appears that even with the long delay, some things expected never arrived, but the issue is still big enough to print. I will need to fill gaps and round up an ad or two, and maybe proof-read it a bit.

Maybe if I try real hard, I can publish it before the new year actually arrives.

I'll also ponder things, anew, and see if I can pull my head out of my ass, and get things back on track, as was the case with the first ten issues or so. At worse, we fail - Again!
OK, I got in touch with the cover artist. He'll draw me a front cover for Issue #14.

In the meantime, Bob and Rick can take turns giving me lashes from a whip.
Bob,

I went back and checked, and your article starts on page #42 of Issue #14.
The cover art for Issue #14 is on order. When I return home later tonight (Friday December 30th, 2016), barring any unforeseen intrusions into my free time, I will try to begin filling gaps in pages and to incorporate ads between articles. Not sure if I will even bother writing anything for Issue #14. Maybe I will. I don't know. We'll see if we can get it out the door sometime soon, over the next few days. There's never any certainty.