Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Species log: The Mudballers
The Mud King called in his advisors.

"So. After reporting-in like clockwork for 40 years, you decide to ignore my requests for updates on the progress of my empire?"

The advisors stared down silently at their mud covered footwear.

"Well?" the King asked.

One advisor slowly raised a head, couldn't catch the eyes of his colleagues, and falteringly answered his King.

"Your Dirtness, our, uh, communications across the empire have gone silent."

The King didn't offer a reply. After an awkward pause, the advisor continued.

"We, uh, received a short transmission before the blackout. It was one sentence."

The King looked exasperated at the painful drawing-out of the information.

"My King, it said 'The Raven has flown.'"

The King raised an eyebrow. "Funny how the dice roll..."
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
There was much rejoicing when the empire-wide communications were restored. The identity or otherwise of 'Raven' was quickly forgotten about, as the Mud King and his filthy cohort continued their dirt hunt.

With the imminent completion of the many-years-in-the-making giant transport ship, preparations were made to produce more colonisation capability and send it across the stars.

The scout ships reported some *significant* findings, including the homeworld of another alien race (you know who you are). Bids are being taken now for the secure transmission of their location.

Or we could be friends, I guess? But that was *quite* a bit of mud you have there...

Our LS research continues unabated, and our colony production penalty is dropping towards 60%, getting there!

Shovels ho!
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
Raven is the guy failing to make Gravitic Telescopes fast enough.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
(06-29-2021, 02:27 PM)Fungus Wrote: The scout ships reported some *significant* findings, including the homeworld of another alien race (you know who you are). Bids are being taken now for the secure transmission of their location.

It seems 3 species have arrived at my doorstep all at the same time.  I expect to see Oin and Gloin to come knocking next.  And I'm nearly out of cakes.
Currently playing: Far Horizons, Riftlords, Heroic Fantasy, and Dungeonworld.
>>Raven is the guy failing to make Gravitic Telescopes fast enough.

You are clearly lacking focus Smile