Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamentations of the Damned: Playing Far Horizons for the very first time
(04-07-2011, 05:25 AM)GrimFinger Wrote: Very well, I will end this attempt to provide a diary of thoughts from my perspective as a player. No further entries will be made.

The confusion, this time about, emanates from copying and pasting orders that worked the last turn, but didn't work this turn.

I did review the section of the rules on Auxiliary Gun Units. It's not as though I haven't reviewed the game manual, at all.

Your post made it seem that you couldn't find the entry for this new technology in the rulebook, so I directed you to it, and the entire section where you will find future technologies that you might develop.

Quote:What is the point of utilizing AUTO orders, when one doesn't understand how to do the actual orders manually, first?

The point is that as a new player to the game, you should employ the devices that are there to aid new players. Upon using the AUTO command, you can view the orders that the program proposes for you and figure out by example how to use those particular commands. You can then disregard these suggested orders if you so choose.

Quote:It is irrelevant to me if you or twenty-five thousand other players comprehend how to play the game. In order for me to play it, then I must comprehend the rules, also. The simple fact of the matter is, I don't. If the game manual is so easy to comprehend, then it shouldn't be revised further.

From my brief experience with you on the Road of Kings, you appear to find ample opportunity to prove your intellectual superiority, beat people over the head with your logic and debate skills, and prove that your understanding of Hyborian War is superior to theirs.

That is not what I was doing here. I was attempting to open a dialogue about what precisely is so difficult about this game, as well as offer you suggestions about how you can better fill out your orders. Does it require proficiency in Computer Science to easily process the order structure? Perhaps so. Is the rulebook too cumbersome to understand, except for those who have an inordinate amount of free time such as myself? Perhaps so. Maybe other people are finding it as difficult as you? Maybe everyone else is having an easy time of it? I don't know.

And this is your response?

Messages In This Thread
Entry Two - by GrimFinger - 03-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Entry Three - by GrimFinger - 03-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Entry Four - by GrimFinger - 03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Entry Five - by GrimFinger - 03-23-2011, 12:54 PM
RE: Entry Four - by JonO - 03-30-2011, 01:51 PM
RE: Entry Four - by Ramblurr - 03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
RE: Entry Four - by GrimFinger - 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM
RE: Entry Four - by GrimFinger - 04-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Entry Six - by GrimFinger - 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
RE: Lamentations of the Damned: Playing Far Horizons for the very first time - by paway - 04-07-2011, 06:03 AM