Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribes of Crane: A blast from the past
(12-03-2014, 02:56 PM)Kesumi Wrote: Played Crane for many years and met some great players many of which I'm still friends with today 20+ years on.

Was the extract above from the US or the UK version of the game ?

Sorry I never got back to checking this post, but better late than never I guess.

This is from the US version of the game and was written in 1979.  A buddy of mine and I were running the alliance; The Gwyneddian Council and were allied with at least 1 other group at war with Darkon.  This is from action that occured in the fight for Arcola, the city that was on the eastern edge of the map way out on a peninsula.  Our job was to keep enemy forces from getting onto the peninsula to lift the seige of the city.

My first PBM game and probably the one I put the most passion into.  I played it while in the Navy on my first ship.  I remember when our turns would come in we'd get together and coordinate our actions.  Sure made it easy to run an alliance when all of the players are stationed on the same ship together.

Someone tried recently to bring ToC back (Yahoo Group) but it looks as if it was a still borne effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tribes of Crane: A blast from the past - by Nebless - 03-22-2015, 02:52 AM