Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help
(07-03-2014, 02:48 PM)TEC9Man Wrote: I am a old hand a PBM. Played in several PBM's in the 80's. I'm looking for games that are country building/war types. From 1800's on. Please help me. it seems most games are out of business.

Hyborian War is "country building," if by that you mean growing the size of your countries by way of conquering provinces. If you could elaborate on what you mean by country building. Kingdom set-up reports for it can be found available for free download at GrimFinger.Net. Lots of material to browse, before you decide on what to play.

Rolling Thunder Games has Victory! The Battle for Europe. I suspect that games of it don't start frequently, though, but it's still around. I've never played it, so I can't speak to the game's finer points.

Flying Buffalo offers Battle Plan. Again, I've never played it. There's also World Wide Battle Plan, and the map for it is found here.

Alamaze is a war game, albeit in a fantasy setting. There are different kinds of Alamaze games, as a heads up.

Cruenti Dei is a war game, of sorts, but I think that it's pretty heavy on the role playing side of things, also.

Clash of Legends is a war game. It's also free to play. It has more than one variant that you can play.

Middle-earth PBM is also still kicking. It offers several variants.

There are various space war games out there, but they aren't country building so much as empire building.

A lot of the PBM games of old that remain no longer use postal service to play, although some use both postal and electronic service to play.

Messages In This Thread
need help - by TEC9Man - 07-03-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: need help - by GrimFinger - 07-03-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: need help - by Davin - 07-03-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: need help - by Nazareth - 07-03-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: need help - by Silver - 07-04-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: need help - by GrimFinger - 07-04-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: need help - by BuffaloRick - 07-11-2014, 03:29 PM