Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
been lurking, decided to register ;)
(03-03-2014, 03:54 AM)NotQuiteANewbie Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 06:25 PM)NotQuiteANewbie Wrote: Thinking of just trying to build up a wandering company of soldiers as a first goal. Just explore, gather resources, make some weapons and soldiers, before deciding what else to do.

Sound like a reasonable idea for a newbie?

OK I have touched down in Falconlake in Olympia G4, and have just gotten my initial setup report. Have drafted preliminary orders, but will wait a few days before submitting them.

May be looking for potential allies soon if I manage to get my little unit of soldiers going after a couple turns learning skills in the safe haven zone before heading out to look around the countryside.

Yes, you should be able to support a small unit of pikemen (10-20) for a short time by pillaging. You won't be able to do that once players have castles and start garrisoning them, though. I was going to try that myself to see how well it worked, but it's no inconvenience for me to settle back and apply myself towards being an arms merchant.

When a new noble shows up in a safe haven with 25 peasants, they are usually contacted right away. You should have 2 alliance/mentoring offers in your mail box this week - one from Freelords (my alliance) and one from Phoenix Dominion. If not, send me an email through this board and I'll help you out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: been lurking, decided to register ;) - by swift2plunder - 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM