Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New troll on board
Also, if you're worried about whether a particular game has a lot of players or not, if you gather a small group of friends, together, depending upon the game, you might even be able to talk the game moderator into starting a game for just you and your friends.

The obvious downside to this approach, of course, is that gaming with players that you've never met, before, really is one of the greatest benefits of playing in PBM games, or the ancestral descendants, thereof.

I don't play DungeonWorld (which is run by Madhouse), but I dare say that it is a game which would be well-suited to joining with a small group of friends, even just three or four. That game is pondering a change in its pricing, though. See here for that announcement.

If you go the Hyborian War route, I would suggest that you make your first game a large kingdom, even though it costs more to play. More important than cost, where that game is concerned, is that it is highly advisable to be in the thick of the action, right from the start - even if you end up getting crushed, your first time around. It's the best way to get the flavor of the game in your mouth. Pretty much anywhere in the northwest of the Hyborian War map will yield a lot of action for you. It can certainly put you on edge.

Messages In This Thread
New troll on board - by kwll - 02-11-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: New troll on board - by GrimFinger - 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: New troll on board - by kwll - 02-11-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: New troll on board - by BuffaloRick - 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: New troll on board - by Rick McDowell - 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: New troll on board - by KJC Games - 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: New troll on board - by GrimFinger - 02-12-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: New troll on board - by nazareth the taken - 02-18-2014, 01:57 AM