Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New troll on board
Quest was some kind of overland role playing game, where your character (or characters? I cannot remember) could fight monsters, collect treasures, meet other characters and, of course, participate to... quests. I lost the rulebook a long time ago, so I cannot say much more about it. Looking further, I found this: maybe it is the same game?

You are right to emphasize the social aspect of PBM, which is obviously absent in strategy games when playing with a computer. And I concede that the price aspect is only relative: I wish I was wealthier, in which case this whole conversation would be irrelevant... But at the end of the day, you have at your disposal a certain amount of leisure time, a certain budget, and all the things you like. What I was trying to express, I guess, is that all these things considered I find it hard to justify to myself the money investment.

Now maybe I am just really asking to be convinced... or to be introduced to these free/cheap games I did not notice but are as good as the others! Smile

Looking forward, I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, even for such a niche hobby, someone did not think about another way of generating revenue. There is so much creativity in all these free games found in Facebook or mobile platforms, or even these large scale free MMOs. I mean, if Flappy Bird could generate $50000 in ad revenue per day, why couldn't we imagine a sufficiently well designed PBM able to generate even a very small fraction of that (but for a longer time)?

Just my 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
New troll on board - by kwll - 02-11-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: New troll on board - by GrimFinger - 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: New troll on board - by kwll - 02-11-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: New troll on board - by BuffaloRick - 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: New troll on board - by Rick McDowell - 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: New troll on board - by KJC Games - 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: New troll on board - by GrimFinger - 02-12-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: New troll on board - by nazareth the taken - 02-18-2014, 01:57 AM