Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cluster Wars (formerly Empyrean Challenge)
Well, looks like I went from having 6M food at my home colony to having 10M. Still not sure how that works, since my population still hasn't stockpiled their requisite 4 turns worth yet. I will take advantage, to be sure, but I will need to check the rules to find out what I'm missing here.

All 12 of my scouts are now stocked with food. I will send them out this turn on their original missions.

My mining tech is now 4, and I have a big factory group producing them -- 5.5M of them. This is only slightly short of the 6M I need to fully upgrade my home mines. Cool.

So my balanced approach of economic development is starting to pay off. Instead of spending all of my initial research on Factory-5 (as the tutorials suggested) or Laboratory-5 (as another player suggested), I went with level 4 each. I am producing 6M research a turn on that bump AND I have a large number of Lab-5 under construction AND an almost full upgrade of Mines underway. I have my Consumer Good pipeline under control, and apparently food is no longer an emergency.

My weak spots:
- very little scouting done
- not nearly enough ship-building materials in stock
- no investment in sensors or probes
- no real military development (which will be necessary to take over the alien colony in the next system)

I will try to take Vern's advice and craft a good set of orders EARLY this turn, instead of a last-minute rush. I have over 20M unskilled workers sitting idle who should be in training classes right now, thanks to shoddy planning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cluster Wars (formerly Empyrean Challenge) - by ixnay - 09-30-2013, 03:46 PM