Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net
(09-13-2013, 06:21 PM)ixnay Wrote: In regard to your last post, I must ask -- is this magazine intended to cover traditional PBM only? Postal turns, postal results? Is PBEM excluded? PBWeb?

The magazine must, for me (and me, alone, for the purpose of responding to your question), encompass play by mail. That is not to say that it must encompass only the postal genre. But, it can't shy away from it, and indeed, it should glory in it.

A couple of quick examples of ancestral descendants of postal genre games that come to mind for me are the Middle-earth and Alamaze variants that prevail, today, in the modern era. To me, these ancestral descendants enjoy a birthright, of sort, to inclusion in the pages of this new magazine. It would be tantamount to heresy to exclude them. They are cut from the same cloth. They present an equivalent experience.

My own focus in whatever I do going forward with this new magazine will, I feel, invariably return to my play by mail roots.

How to word it? The magazine will seek to bridge eras. The PBM Apocalypse is over, so to speak. Many were they that survived it. We live. We exist. We never surrendered.

We are at war. We will kick ass and take names. We will take prisoners. Some will likely get lost in a genre of gaming - in a fashion of gaming - that many no longer know even ever existed.

The Internet has remade the world. We have arrived to lay claim to it.

That's sort of how I look at it.

We are a stout breed - a hardy lot. The Warcrafts and other modern ilk of the gaming world don't threaten us. Rather, we are threatened by the quiet - by peace, itself.

We were bred for conflict. We were designed for war.

That's who we are. It's what we do.

Does that answer your question?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net - by GrimFinger - 09-13-2013, 06:40 PM