Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net
(09-13-2013, 11:05 AM)Harlequin Wrote: If this is now getting going, re: your recent email? I (Harlequin Games and Middle Earth Game) will support this as much as we can with articles!

The recent e-mail that I sent out from the site is just an e-mail. The magazine will be in PDF format.

Support with articles would be welcome, certainly. Go ahead and start writing one. I'll include it with issue # 1. We're aiming for original content, as in new articles, rather than stuff that's already been printed or already been posted online, somewhere.

(09-13-2013, 11:05 AM)Harlequin Wrote: I vote for:

Turn-Based Gaming Monthly

Or some TBG based title. PBM is a term that new players do not understand and if you START by having to explain that, you increase the % chance of not converting them! But the title MUST contain the Essence of what we are about to pull in the NEW player and that has to be the PRIMARY aim of this endeavour. WE, 'the converted', will read this magazine whatever the title is.

Turn-Based Gaming Monthly

might appear boring to us but it does the Primary job!

Harlequin

Understood. Of course, one question to ask is whether a boring title conveys a boring message?

It won't be a magazine displayed on a typical magazine stand or rack, so it may not even matter, since word of mouth is what will likely be the driving force behind dissemination of the magazine. If it is your friend or regular gaming associate who forwards a copy of the magazine to you, I think that the initial potential barrier posed by having a boring title will be rendered largely moot.

On the other hand, can a boring title connect with a potential recipient in a way that an interesting title can? Of course, what appeals to each individual can vary. So, how does one strike the right balance? Or does it even matter? This isn't directed at you, specifically, Dean, but rather, I'm just thinking aloud, here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net - by GrimFinger - 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM