Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cluster Wars (formerly Empyrean Challenge)
(08-05-2013, 07:52 PM)ixnay Wrote: If anyone advises this to be a Dumb Idea, please let me know!

I think you are making the correct decision. Those who strive to get "out there" too soon will be strapped and stretched beyond some limit or other. Build up your infrastructure and Professionals. When you build newer Labs, put them on the OBC and junk the old ones to get the materials. You can extend your resources by cutting back on mining the "unlimited" deposits while living on the higher yield ones until they run out. That saves you 3,000,000 Pro's which can be used to TRAIN more Pro's AND/OR run another 1,000,000 Labs. Labs in orbit and then get Farms-6 as they are the best buy in the long run. Don't forget to increase your Factory TL AND Mine TL should be done less often but in larger leaps so you only need to produce 3,000,000 of them to mine the unlimited deposits, etc. Once you have that cycle flowing, use the spare change in Research to nibble away at items you really need to improve. When you finally do start exploring go out with one large ship and 10 parasites to survey a whole system quickly. Follow on with Colonizers.

Don't get too caught up in EXPANDING your economy until you have a big enough base to support it from the home system. Remember, ultimately you will be limited by your UNLIMITED resource deposits and Mines-TL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cluster Wars (formerly Empyrean Challenge) - by Darth Pedro - 08-05-2013, 08:24 PM