Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net
    A long time ago (let's say 1979 but I could be off by a year or so) I had just been introduced to PBM by my long time friend who, as I did, loved to play games. He had stumbled upon Starweb. It took him just a few minutes to get me hooked and soon we were playing multiple games. I also got a neighbor playing as well. Soon I had a "cult" of friends, even relatives that were playing Starweb and other games. I too would try a few outside the one game and often thought a place for gamers to go would be great. By place I meant a magazine.
Starweb, being the main thrust of my PBMing, cried out for a guide to it's only Player/Character covered by a copyright. Teh Berserker, based upon the Character from Fred Saberhagen's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker_%28Saberhagen%29) book. I played that part many times and to this day am ranked as a Berserker.
Looking to expand upon the part I thought of starting a newsletter about the Berserker. It's name was based upon a play on words and robotics of the character.... The Nuts & Bolts of The Berserker. Just spreading the word to fellow "Webers" as we called ourselves led me to make it The Nuts & Bolts of Starweb (With Rick Loomis' permission)
The first issue was printed on the copier at my job, hand drawn and cut and pasted (for real -- typewriter to paper to cut & paste on stock) it was mailed out to its first few readers.
In a short period of time we went from:
The Nuts & Bolts of Starweb, to Nuts & Bolts of PBM to Nuts & Bolts of Gaming. There was a need for an indie Fan/magazine...
Attached is one of the later and far better covers... It is the triumphant return of NaBoG after a long wait....

Messages In This Thread
RE: New PBM Magazine from PlayByMail.Net - by NABOG - 07-26-2013, 06:56 PM