Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi folks! Who might want old PBM mags?
Hi Mike, and thanks!

I have written to Elaine Webber, the wife of former Paper Mayhem publisher David Webber, previously, and on more than one occasion, offering to scan back issues of Paper Mayhem, but to no avail. I don't know who currently owns the rights to that now-defunct magazine. Carol was OK with me scanning back issues of Flagship, as far as I know. She sent me some of the first issues of the magazine for that purpose, a few years back. Had we not been an ocean apart, all of Flagship's might well be in digital format, by now. Carol also agreed to allow me to keep a repository of Flagship back issues on this site, as duplicates in case her new site went offline. All of the back issues, however, have never made it to a scanner, however, insofar as I know. Since Carol and I lived an ocean apart, it would likely have been cost prohibitive for her to send me a copy of all back issues to scan.

With regard to any of the old PBM stuff, I have no interest in violating anyone's copyright. I wouldn't mind scanning most anything, in order to help preserve it for posterity's sake. But, simultaneously, I don't need any unnecessary legal headaches, either. For most of the old PBM moderators that are still alive, I have no current contact information for them, in order to even ask them about scanning stuff for them at no charge to themselves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi folks! Who might want old PBM mags? - by GrimFinger - 03-02-2012, 04:10 AM