Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Design
As we get closer to our "go-live" date; I want to automate the way data moves from the web site to the SQL Server back end. In order to do that, I am going to use the REST API that WordPress makes available. Since I want the code to be in C# and running on my servers, it will have to have permission from the folks who host the site to allow the REST API to work. My goal will be to automate the retrieval of Player turns, special actions and messages (which are all custom post types) and then get new players and new positions.

To test this out, I am going to start with just capturing new Players. On the web, a potential customer has to "Join" the web site - this gives them access to the forums, downloads and access to the menu items that allow them to create an account and/or create new positions. To become a player, they have to "Sign up" on the web site. This creates a KnightGuild account based on the email you used to "Join" the web site. Note that your turns must be submitted from this same email account. Once you have done this, you can then "Add Position". If its the first time you have created a position, be sure to check with folks on Discord or ask questions and get help.

More as this develops

Messages In This Thread
Game Design - by Talisman - 03-01-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: Game Design - by Talisman - 03-04-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: Game Design - by Talisman - 03-13-2022, 08:45 PM
RE: Game Design - by Talisman - 03-15-2022, 05:54 PM
RE: Game Design - by Talisman - 04-18-2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Game Design - by Talisman - 06-14-2022, 08:19 PM