Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Organize It All
The above spreadsheets are the most important. But if you'd like to keep more information at hand, you may also find it useful to make a spreadsheet for
  • homeworld production
  • planet resources
  • fleet locations
  • research priorities
The first is extremely helpful in maximizing your Industrial Capacity (for details on what this means, see the second post in Your First Three Turns), like this:

[Image: Production-Example.png]

Planet Resources I record on a sheet for each star system, with one page for each planet to record the GEO & CSV results for each. Here's info from a planet I just surveyed, with Max Installations (5 x Yield) calculated. While this is handy, it's also optional. You could reduce record-keeping by just noting any planets you'd like to colonize and what resources you want there.

[Image: Resource-Sample.png]

A sheet of Fleet locations, orders, and future plans can also be helpful:
[Image: Fleet-sample.png]

Again, it isn't essential - you could spare yourself the recording and just check the Fleet Report each turn - but I find this sheet very useful when planning my turn.

Finally, a spreadsheet is ideal for keeping Research Plans. I actually keep mine as part of my Turn Plans, on a separate 'sheet' (page). That way, when I note the order for Set Research Priority, I don't write out everything I'm researching. Instead, I use Sheet 2 to record my 25 slots, so when I enter my orders, I can just glance at it and update anything new (usually Slot 1, plus anything else just completed):
[Image: Research-Example.png]

All of this I organize in three folders
  • Rules
  • Empire Info
  • Turns (holding Turn 01, Turn 02, etc)
Each turn folder has an alias link to the first two, so I can access the rules and update spreadsheets for Exploration, Fleets, and each star system. The only new document is my Turn Plans, where I draft the orders for each turn.

I also like recording my Ship Designs and putting system information into a map. In case you do, too, there are examples in the post below.

Messages In This Thread
How to Organize It All - by Spiff - 01-01-2020, 01:29 AM
RE: How to Organize It All - by Spiff - 01-01-2020, 01:34 AM
RE: How to Organize It All - by Spiff - 01-01-2020, 01:34 AM
RE: How to Organize It All - by Spiff - 01-01-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: How to Organize It All - by Hobknob - 06-28-2021, 08:12 AM