Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #18 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
(08-21-2019, 09:39 AM)GrimFinger Wrote: Rick McDowell, of Alamaze fame, told me in a recent email that he sent to me that he didn't like cartoons. I think that he was referring to the refurbished comic art that I incorporate into issues of Suspense & Decision. What about the rest of you? Should I eliminate that from the magazine? Personally, I've liked comic books, since I was a kid, and I still do. Plus, I can't draw, and I don't have a staff artist, per se, for interior art pieces for the magazine. Additionally, as I told Rick, I do this on a zero budget. Hence, the refurbished artwork holds a certain appeal to me. Granted, my own ability to refurbish such artwork from the public domain, and to modify it to make it useful for inclusion into a PBM magazine of the modern era may well be substantially lacking, as may my wit and my sense of humor. However, I work with what I have, and I try to do it within a budget of zero dollars, so that this project might actually exist. It's not the first time that Rick and I have disagreed on the artistic end of things, be it this magazine or his game of Alamaze. But I could always eliminate it, and save time, as well, if no one likes the refurbished comic art in the guise of a PBM role.

Having theme is good. Having art is good. Having design embellishments is good. You've got a theme now and it works. I'd stick with it, unless you have a different theme you want to implement instead. I am pro-theme more than I am in favor of a particular theme. Going to an academic journal design would reduce the overall experience.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue #18 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - by ravenzachary - 08-21-2019, 05:31 PM