Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game: #421 [Clash of Legends] Tolkien’s War of Dwarves and Orcs Circa 2973
(08-22-2017, 09:05 PM)John M Wrote: Well, you should have selected your preferences in order when signing up for the game. 
There are over a dozen Orc nations that you could pick. If you don't choose them, then the system will pick one at random.

We are still working on the module to read minds, but it's imperfect as of now.  Rolleyes

John,

Actually, I had tried to select a preference, but it didn't seem to do anything, so I just clicked the page off.

A couple of days ago, I decided to revisit that page. At the bottom of the http://clashlegends.com/PbmSite/signup.php page, it says:

Select your favorite faction for this game by draging the names above.

You might consider changing the location of that message, or duplicating it so that it appears beneath the Submit My Preferences box on the right hand side. When I tried dragging it, honestly, I wasn't sure where to drag it to. Eventually, I figured it out - albeit it too late for Game #421. Mistakes by one player are subject to also being made by other players. Something as simple a change as 

Select your favorite faction for this game by dragging the name of your kingdom race preference to the top of the corresponding list. You can also drag your hex base preference location to the top of that list, also.

It may seem a small thing to those who already possess familiarity with the system in place for choosing kingdom preference, but honestly, it took me several attempts at dragging it to figure it out. When is says "by dragging the names above," the first thing that I asked myself was, "Above what?"

Just a suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game: #421 [Clash of Legends] Tolkien’s War of Dwarves and Orcs Circa 2973 - by GrimFinger - 09-07-2017, 05:41 PM